A Montana Ghost (Trail cam photo's)

GearJunky

What do you guys think of this bull!!? I know I would shoot him without any hesitation, but the dark photo leaves some mystery for all of us to wonder what he really looks like. If you look really closely it looks like he has a small tine out back that would make him a big 7x?

Then there is the other photo..... might make this hunting spot a little tough this year.

Attachments

• EK200008.jpg
    EK200008.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,130
  • EK200007.jpg
    EK200007.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • EK200031.jpg
    EK200031.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 1,059
err... don't you mean your cameras are in Idaho? I mean, that date thing... I put mine up in Idaho this year.

Yeah... I never have my date set right!

So...wouldn't worry about the kitty... unless you are worried about him killing the bull! The bull... plenty good!

I should clarify... not my camera.... I just received the photo's from a friend. I have never used trail cam's before... but I am gathering from your guys comments that they are illegal during the season? Good to know - So yes, I am sure the date is wrong! :)

Man, I really do deserve a fail award for my first post!!

Last edited:
Is it though? Can you imagine what the woods would look like without it? Cameras on every tree.

BS! The woods are a dang big place. I never got many people on my cams when I had them up years ago. Nobody was seeing my cams. And to say I can't put them up after rifle season, during the dead of winter(when you get some of the best photos) because its wolf season???? Again, BS!!!! You think I need a camera to know if wolves are around in winter? And the odds of the dumb thing being within 100 sq miles of the camera when I go check it a week later are what, 1000 to 1?

Its a BS law, brought about by a couple longbow carrying grey beards that never even used one. FACT!

Cams should be illegal for public land. You have no right to complain about drones buzzing you if you hang cams. I have equal right to public land. Cam users are some of the same knuckleheads that claim they own a public waterhole cause Gramps hunted here in 1948 and then placed a folding chair next to the trail. Quit uglying up things and complaining about things that get stolen. Leave valuables on your front porch and they get stolen so why would you expect the woods are Nirvana?

Had no idea that MT banned trail cams during the seasons and also had no idea there were people who think they should be banned completely. I love the standard exaggeration reaction of "cameras on every tree" as well. Must be something they teach up there as anytime there is an issue somebody always comes up with an off the wall exaggeration like this. You guys get worked up over the strangest things like trail cams and lighted knocks which the vast majority of hunters/people have absolutely no problem with.

+1 Drahthaar. Stupid law IMO as well.

BS! The woods are a dang big place. I never got many people on my cams when I had them up years ago. Nobody was seeing my cams. And to say I can't put them up after rifle season, during the dead of winter(when you get some of the best photos) because its wolf season???? Again, BS!!!! You think I need a camera to know if wolves are around in winter? And the odds of the dumb thing being within 100 sq miles of the camera when I go check it a week later are what, 1000 to 1?

Its a BS law, brought about by a couple longbow carrying grey beards that never even used one. FACT!

You ever gone hunting in Arizona?

Cams should be illegal for public land. You have no right to complain about drones buzzing you if you hang cams. I have equal right to public land. Cam users are some of the same knuckleheads that claim they own a public waterhole cause Gramps hunted here in 1948 and then placed a folding chair next to the trail. Quit uglying up things and complaining about things that get stolen. Leave valuables on your front porch and they get stolen so why would you expect the woods are Nirvana?

Have game cams ever stopped you from accessing public land? How do you equate game cams and drones?

I think Tbone would like to have had a camera on his stolen stuff here in CO...

+1 on it being a dumb law.

mtlion, how many of those cams in AZ are from outfitters/guides vs DIY hunters? Honest question.

mtlion, how many of those cams in AZ are from outfitters/guides vs DIY hunters? Honest question.

No idea. But when they talk about on every tree they just ain't a shi**in'.

Definitely some pics of me watering the shrubs down there :rolleyes:

I don't like having to pull my mtn cameras out when antelope season opens, but I can deal with it, or get a ticket. I've always had mine out before archery elk/deer opened.

Do you really think guys should have cameras out there, texting them a picture the second it's taken, during season? How is that not like a drone?

It's not a real problem here, but in other states (AZ mentioned above) it's a giant problem.

That's the thing. Technology exists now,and will become ever more prevalent in the future, that enables hunters to scout the country they will hunt from their couches at home.

I think there are legitimate arguments regarding whether or not cameras in their present and past states really need to be outlawed. But right around the corner are cameras that communicate with satellites or cell phone towers, that could literally push an alert to a hunter's phone that an elk just walked by their Camera.

That would be utter bull$&|! So we may as well be proactive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back