A few quck bowhunting MT questions

huntlife

Looking at the regs, the way it reads is we are not allowed to use ant battery operated devices on our bow, including any form of light on out pins, right? Im also guessing no lighted knocks right? We can use expandable broadheads though. I love Rage broadheads so much I named my dog after them.

Yea, I read that. Im curious as to why no lighted knocks? The only advantage to them is they let you know exactly where you hit. If you lake a less than perfect hit, you know you need to wait longer.

Yea, I read that. Im curious as to why no lighted knocks? The only advantage to them is they let you know exactly where you hit. If you lake a less than perfect hit, you know you need to wait longer.

I think most agree about lighted knocks. However, it is a slippery slope once you start allowing battery operated mechanisms on a bow... the line would be much harder to draw in the sand. Same deal with "assault" rifles and semi-automatic weapons, if you start outlawing some then where do we draw the line?

Before this unwinds to another thread about what is right or wrong, I will try to explain how the law came to be in MT.

When the Commission was starting to be faced with many new archery technology changes, it started a lot of fighting about what should/shouldn't be allowed. As such, the Commission wanted to end the squawking about what was fair/unfair. So in MT, they agreed to follow the rules of the P&Y club. Since P&Y did not allow lighted nocks, neither did MT.

That is the rationael and the history. Not right or wrong, just how it is in MT. I did hear P&Y might be changing this, and if so, it will be interesting to see if the MT Commission follows suit.

Please do not let this evolve into another big argument about lighted nocks pro/con. Anyone going there will be banned.

Makes sense. I also heard that p&y was gonna change the rule. But I guess we'll see.

Before this unwinds to another thread about what is right or wrong, I will try to explain how the law came to be in MT.

When the Commission was starting to be faced with many new archery technology changes, it started a lot of fighting about what should/shouldn't be allowed. As such, the Commission wanted to end the squawking about what was fair/unfair. So in MT, they agreed to follow the rules of the P&Y club. Since P&Y did not allow lighted nocks, neither did MT.

That is the rationael and the history. Not right or wrong, just how it is in MT. I did hear P&Y might be changing this, and if so, it will be interesting to see if the MT Commission follows suit.

Please do not let this evolve into another big argument about lighted nocks pro/con. Anyone going there will be banned.

Thanks for pointing that out. Time will tell if hey are going to change. I can see the argument for both sides. Its the same for old school muzzle loaders and inline. Theres good arguments for both sides of that too.

Thanks to all for all the info! Yall have been very helpful!!!

Back