PEAX Equipment

A Bona Fide Legend... RIP Dickie Betts

It's crazy to think about, but when I was a kid and my dad took me to all these concerts these dudes were already in their 50s and 60s. My dad would tell me to take it all in cause when you get my age you won't be able to see these guys live anymore.

I remember the rock and roll hall of fame induction in 1995, tuned in for Zeppelin, was blown away by the Allman brothers, went and dug all my dad's vinyl out and got my uncle to burn me copies of Fillmore east. RIP

I remember the first time I really listened to Allman Brothers like it was yesterday. Also the day I shot my first bow buck.

I walked a few miles back to the cabin after I shot it (still too young to drive). I was going crazy waiting for the adults to come back, so I went to go out in an album. We have like a hundred, probably more. Put on “Eat a Peach” because the cover looked cool, and have been in love with them ever since that moment in time.

First song (Ain’t Waistin’ Time No More) and I was hooked.

I remember the first time I really listened to Allman Brothers like it was yesterday. Also the day I shot my first bow buck.

I walked a few miles back to the cabin after I shot it (still too young to drive). I was going crazy waiting for the adults to come back, so I went to go out in an album. We have like a hundred, probably more. Put on “Eat a Peach” because the cover looked cool, and have been in love with them ever since that moment in time.

First song (Ain’t Waistin’ Time No More) and I was hooked.
That's f()n awesome!

That's f()n awesome!

Ha it really was, it is still a super vivid memory.

I can remember sitting in a lawn chair just looking out over the lake, listening to that album thinking “this is fn awesome” at the time.

Although not on that album, the version of “In Memory of Elizabeth Reid” from Fillmore East is one of my favorite jams. The legend goes that Dicky Betts wrote the song (which has no words), but then just couldn’t quite think of a title that fit. If you’ve heard that song, it’s kind of understandable why that would be tricky.

Then one night, he took a young lady for a late night romp in a cemetery. While getting down to business, he looked up and saw a headstone: It read… “In Memory of Elizabeth Reid.”

Bingo.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back