MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

A big something or other!!!

A mutant cow gets you points on the Fantassy Hunt?? That's what I call shameless... that's even worse than shooting African circus animals. ;)

Cathunt MT got it. Its a rare light colored water buffalo. Its an Asiatic water buffalo, as opposed to non-Asiatic, I guess, I don't know. Anyway its a water buffalo. I shot it on friday and I went to Cabelas on saturday. The full body mount cape buffalo at Cabelas had a smaller body than this water buffalo. The cape buffalo horns were bigger, but this has big horns for a water buffalo. I still have to score it, but I looked in TGR's 25 year record book and based on the short length alone, it would be #2 for 25 years. It still remains to figure out the score though.

Its like every 12-13 years that somebody gets one this big, sort of.

Got any meat cut requests?

We can try lots of recipes with its meat. No brand, they charge people, so they stay away from them. One guy told me how his small truck was turned over by one with him in it. Another guy told me one took 4 shots from a 375 before going down. As I mentioned, a previous hunter where I hunted had been trampled by one that got up after going down. He had several broken bones. I showed a 30-40 year ranch hand where I hunted my bullet. He liked the 338 250 grain better than the 50 caliber pistol bullet. He held the 338 up and said, if you shoot it in the neck or behind the ear with this, it might go down. It did, on the second shot that way.

Here we are gutting it.

guttingit.JPG

After chaining its hind legs to the tractor, it was lifted some. We slit it and started cutting the guts away. We cut all the way through the sternum. After the guts started to hang out, we put a lasso on them. The ranch owner, there on the 6 wheeler, then pulled the guts out with the other end of the lasso tied onto the 6 wheeler, while the tractor held onto the animal.
The second try, the guts pulled out. Then the guide there, drove the tractor over to an 18 ft flatbed trailer and we had it loaded to take to the meat processor in town. Not a bad way to do it, eh?

2 shots to the 2 ft diameter neck with the 250 grain 338 nosler partition and it dropped. 2 more shots with the S&W 50 caliber pistol and elk load as we walked up to it, just to make sure we didn't get trampled.

It went well, considering the guy before me got trampled.

It had no brakes, so I didn't ask. The guide said he felt like he was going to die one time going down a hill. He parked it and walked back to camp. The 30-40 year ranch hand did the main driving of the tractor, he was good at it.

Here's what my first shot looked like. I shot with the head behind one tree and the shoulder behind another tree. The spine of the neck was my shot between trees and it worked. My hunting buddy was behind me to the right and he thought I was shooting trees.

rtt2shot.JPG

Rocks, Rocksprings, TX is south of this place. The land there is dirty rocks. Up north of there where this ranch is, its rocky dirt.

The trees are oak and juniper, we call it cedar here. I forgot the names of the flowers, say yellow and blue, hows that? Plus, there's a little prickly pear cactus there.

So, has anyone ever been trampled by one of those things before???? :)

J/K...thats a intersesting looking trophy....but a trphy none the less!!

Even after ya talking it up, the whole come pick it up with a loader takes any scary chit out of it for me. Doesn't sound like much of a hunt to me!!!!!!

Probably could have speered it off of four wheelers just as easy.....

Sounds like a great big expensive whistle pig hunt to me!!

Good thing that they had all of those big time guns to kill that man trompling beast!!
loddy freakin dah!!!!

here is my shot, I had to wait till his head got out of the bucket of apples and Sammy stopped milking him before I could shoot. The last boy that was holding the great beast as he was shot was TRAMPLED!!!!

I hope that somebody can reply and explain how this chit is a neat thing!! I guess I don't understand how shooting and measuring such an animal can give a guy such an erection?????? DON"T GET IT!!

It is like buying a Gallon of milk at Albertsons and bragging about it.

B-Killin said:
I hope that somebody can reply and explain how this chit is a neat thing!! I guess I don't understand how shooting and measuring such an animal can give a guy such an erection?????? DON"T GET IT!!

It is like buying a Gallon of milk at Albertsons and bragging about it.

....like shooting an elephant, hippo, rhino, cape buff?? (we just don't hafta to go all the way to Africa)...etc. Can you explain that?

Hell B-Killin, just when I thought I had enough gear, i find out I need a bigazz tractor/ loader to go with my polaris quad.:D

Ken if I make it down your way it sounds like I might need to come heavily armed....between wild trampling cattle and run-away tractors, the Lone Star state might be just a bit too much for this ol' boy....hell, I might even be allergic to those blue/yellow flowers....:eek: ;)

B-killin do a little looking on the net be for you say shit like that. Water buff. are bad ass animals. You dont just walk up to them and start milking them.

MarvB said:
Ken if I make it down your way it sounds like I might need to come heavily armed....between wild trampling cattle and run-away tractors, the Lone Star state might be just a bit too much for this ol' boy....hell, I might even be allergic to those blue/yellow flowers....:eek: ;)

....just bring cash or no-limit plastic. :D Where else can you hunt worry-free of wolves or griz but run the chance of being stomped by a wounded albino water buff?...all for the price of a small farm?:)

Back