Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

7mm rem mag - Hammer bullets

NWmontanaOutdoors

For anyone shooting the Hammers in 7mm, how are you liking them? What velocities are you seeing and are the consistent? Input on accuracy? Very interested in them as I’ve seen a lot of praise and they are local to where I live. All about supporting local business over the big guys.

I can't speak to a 7 mag, but I shoot the 136 grain bullets in my .280 Remington. I am getting 3100 fps. Accuracy is great. I've had great luck with them in both of the rifles I'm currently using and loading for.

Are yall running these with the reccomended twist rates?
For 7mm Rem Mag it recommends 1:8.75 or faster.
My rifle is 1:9.5
Just curious as to how much that will affect accuracy

Call Steve at Hammer. He's really helpful and will square you away with which bullets should shoot well per your twist rate.

I stick with Steve’s recommendations.

Non lead bullets such as Hammer bullets are very long for their weight compared to similar weights of traditional bullets. You should downsize to bullet that matches your rifling twist. Call Steve and he'll walk you through recommended bullet weight and likely have a starting load for you also.

I’m running a 1-10 twist out of a 26” so am probably going to be geared more toward the heavier pills, the 160gr shock hammer has my Attention. thanks for all the info from everyone. Will contact Steve and get a plan worked out.

I have a 7RM with a 9.5 twist, 26" barrel. I talked with Steve and he recommended the 131gr Hammer Hunter and RL 23 for me. I haven't completely finished load development but so far I'm getting 3400 fps. Gonna play with seating depth just a little to see if I can tighten my groups up, I'n getting right at 1 MOA.
That grain & speed will pack a punch....

The 155gr hammer hunter is what I would start with since you have a 8twist.

Back