6pts Wyoming pronghorn

I've never applied for Wyo antelope tag so I was curious to what preference points cost... $556??! I JUST WANT A POINT. Did I do something incorrectly?

I've never applied for Wyo antelope tag so I was curious to what preference points cost... $556??! I JUST WANT A POINT. Did I do something incorrectly?

Wait until the points-only period in July-Sep and you can get a point for $30.

Okay got down to unit 59 or 68. Called several people done alot of Internet scouting. Don't need a monster just looking for a fun filled week. Doe tags in unit or neighboring is a plus as well as trout fishing. What would you do?

I have hunted Nevada twice and both times went a couple days early and shot book goats on opening day. my last Wyoming tag went a couple days early...shot a book goat. all the other Wyo tags have been northeast units and did combo hunts for deer so I hunted later in the season killed good bucks for the unit..i prefer to scout early and be done before dark on opening night. I don't think you can go wrong either way. good luck either way.

Personally, Id get a cpl doe tags and learn from the experience before I burned my points. I'd also take a closer look at doe tag quotas and apps. Single digit odds in that part of the state.

Check some area in other parts of the state. The SE corner has had a mild winter and great moisture. Our antelope have great horn growth right now. The central part of the state is good too. You can camp and rough it on BLM or find a unit close to a town and stay in motel.Avoid opening week if possible.

Back