Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

55 gallon drums or holes

Oh, I get it. Greenhorn would never consider hunting around a corn field for Whitetails, or hang out at a wallow for elk, make sure you stay away from a mineral lick while hunting sheep. Nope for old greenhorn nothing but spot and stock, uphill going with the wind, ninja style. Nothing but admiration here.

I think ye cast the first stone. I just sent one back hopfully in ye good humor.

MaterBaiters

Hey I'd hunt over a bait pile, but I might have to be pretty bored though. I sure as hell wouldn't spend time crating garbage into the forest to dump out some rotten food. What a pain in the ass!

So checking an elk wallow or a field is the same as digging holes or putting 55 gal drums of garbage out? I guess watching grassy slides or avalanche chutes is the same thing too. :rolleyes:

I have a question for all you masterbaiters, how many bears do you see come into an "average" baitsite? Just curious if it's actually worth the effort..

..ok I admit, getting the photo above might have been worth the work. Do you know if they prefer light beer, or do they like the heavy stuff?

I'll Answer that one. Here in Alaska i have an average of 15 to 20 different bears coming into one bait sight. Of course it's all about location, but yes it definatly possible. I have lots of video. Some guys may have less but it depends on how many years the bait has been there also. Established bait sites for long periods of times prove to bring more bears in. In my opinon spot a stalk here is pretty tough to do cause it's so thick of country. on the islands in southeast it's do able but on the mainland not so much.

You know that baiting is a Big waste of time to some. But it's fun time. Let's you clean out the Garbage. As far as seeing tons of bears we usually don't . I'm guessing at most I've ever seen in a sitting was 3. I've heard of others that have 5-7 bears on a pile at the same time. MAybe, but not me. I've come up with a New Plan for Next year and Baiting is still in the picture but I found a Great area for Spot and Stalk. I'm looking foward to it.

Montana Hunters = Schlong lickers !!!

we seen this year 18-20 different bears (as far as we could tell). the bit was getting hit the day after we initially put the bait out. About average for us.

we've been doing this station for about 16 years now and no one else baits in this area.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back