MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

40 years ago this year, my father shot this deer!

blue devil

This is the type of whitetail I had to look at all my life on the wall. Hopefully someday I get one like. I will be remounting this one though. What type of mount should I do, any suggestions?

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 625
I say full sneak this will get that rack to stick out as big as life at you. Make sure you get a good size cape to fit him.

If it's the original mount, I say leave as is for nostalgic reasons. It looks pretty good and it's a great buck.

If it's the original mount, I say leave as is for nostalgic reasons. It looks pretty good and it's a great buck.

I was thinking the same thing. If that mount is 40 years old, it looks great. I would leave it as is.

I hope my first buck will never be remounted, crappy taxidermy and bullet damage to the neck and all..

Take my advice.. it'll save you some $ even.

semi sneak with ears laid back. jody green series form from vandykes. best on the market in my opinion

He looks great for 40! Better than me! LOL!
Really though he does look very good. Unless you are really unhappy with him(or he looks much worse in person) I would leave him alone, other than touch ups where needed. I believe that a good taxidermist can even enhance old color. With that being said, I would "barrel mount" him. That would bring his rack down off of the ceiling so that you can appreciate all of the rack, not just one side. Good luck with him! He is very nice! What does he score and is he from, AZ?

If you do get him remounted, plan where you want to hang him then choose your pose according to which turn will have you looking at his face the most. Mounts that people can look at their eyes as they walk into the room are much more interesting IMO.

Back