@shrapnel Best bet for plant ID is to take a photo of the entire plant, something for reference of size is a good idea. Lots of times other plants in the area may be helpful too.

First thought was maybe sambucus...just don't think the leaves are right, need to be opposite and a bit less serrated.

@shrapnel Best bet for plant ID is to take a photo of the entire plant, something for reference of size is a good idea. Lots of times other plants in the area may be helpful too.

First thought was maybe sambucus...just don't think the leaves are right, need to be opposite and a bit less serrated.
I went to the field and took a picture…

82BCE69C-D2A9-42C7-ABF9-561CF03042EB.jpeg

Saw her over my house a month ago.

View attachment 228733
My neighbor in the mid-1990s was a WWII vet who had been an aircraft mechanic in North Africa after all the shooting had stopped there but still had war going on in Europe and Asia. He would take mandatory flights after working on an engine since that was extra incentive to not screw it up.

One weekend about 1997, a big bomber from WWII was in town and offering 30 minutes flights for around $300. I offered to buy two tickets if he would go up with me. He declined. He said his ears had just stopped ringing from all those wartime flights. Big noise in the fuselage, per him.

He would take unauthorized leave from the base along with borrowing a motorcycle and cruise through the desert. He could keep any Axis motorcycles he found and would piece together operational Axis bikes then sell on the black market using a couple of locals. That revenue exceeded his military earnings. He said he never knowingly was shot at in his time in the military and as a 20 year old from a small NW timber town he was amazed at what he experienced on Uncle Sam's dime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back