• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Every trip report is like a fingerprint, say the judges.

Every piece of art is imbued with the spirit of it's creator, say the wizened.

Every photograph tells a story that advances the narrative to new heights, say the story tellers of visual media.

Every set of data points leads us to greater understanding and a better appreciation for the technical aspects of the hunt, the data crunchers posit.

This has hardly any of that.

You are awarded a hub cap to replace the one that got away, and the shed of that funky buck, but just the right horn after it's been chewed on for about 4 months.

Do better, sir.

It was no longer blaze orange.

@JLS

What made the whole thing stick in my craw is I'm not one to argue with LEOs. I said "ok, guess I'm getting a new one" and then got an ear full after that...
Wow, that is ridiculous. It always chaps my hide when some power hungry person with some authority decides to bust the chops of a good person who is obviously trying to do the right thing. It's about the only time I'd want to say, "Don't you have something more important you could be doing?"

Wow, that is ridiculous. It always chaps my hide when some power hungry person with some authority decides to bust the chops of a good person who is obviously trying to do the right thing. It's about the only time I'd want to say, "Don't you have something more important you could be doing?"
Yeah I always thought there wasn't a specific nanometer/hex value for blaze. That basically if it was marketed as blaze and passed the reasonable test it was fine. I mean first lite wool blaze is not the same as a Richardson ball cap, which is not the same as a walmart vest. All are orange but slightly different.

Like I get if it was white with age, and again to my knowledge I wasn't doing anything else sketchy/bending rules which was the real reason for his ire... and I was (at least in my opinion) being very polite.

I was on a glassing knob, in a walk in area. He drove into the walk in area and parked below me, I was like... whelp he wants something so unloaded my rifle, strapped it to my pack, pulled out my license, walked straight up to his window and handed my license to him... 🤷‍♂️

What made the whole thing stick in my craw is I'm not one to argue with LEOs. I said "ok, guess I'm getting a new one" and then got an ear full after that...

usually seems to be that when some guy is stickin' it in your craw for no good reason he's already got something stickin' in his craw.

did you check?

*insert lewd @Greenhorn photo for visual effect*

I originally didn't post this because I was so pissed.

Hunt was amazing, scenery spectacular. Killing a buck would have been cool but wasn't a huge deal for me.

What was aggravating was dealing with the Bullshit from gov officials.

My experience with pronghorn hunting has been outside of White Sulfur Springs in MT and in the "no access" units in WY. Sufficed to say I'm used to seeing animals but not being able to hunt them, and dealing with crowds and navigating private land. That's not my complaint.

Tons of issues with posted public, I have about 1/2 dozen more examples. When talking to a warden I pulled up my phone to give him details and he kinda gave me the "I just work here shrug." Same warden which read me the riot act about my hat. I think a "probably the last season in that hat" comment would have sufficed. (Same hat I had on our grouse hunt)

I did order a HT hat and had it for the second half of my hunt.

Then there was the land board. Going into the hunt I new it was going to be a CF so I applied for access on "open" tracts. I called and confirmed these and a few others were open with the landboard's leasing admin, and then submitted an app. I never received a response to my app... even post season. I find that ridiculous.

Half of those pronghorn pics are actually on state land, land that an outfitter has leased for hunting. Talk about bullshit. There are a bunch more sections that locals have leased as their personal hunting grounds, I called and talked to both the outfitter and the other lessees about access, no dice.

Again, access is what it is... just frustrating so much public land is controlled by folks with money. Apparently Polis's initiative doesn't include sections that actually have animals on them in units that have really tough access... :rolleyes: what a joke.

Apologies everyone for the bitter diatribe.

This is the content the judges are looking for.

50s maybe, fair bit of grey.

I'd like to think vikingsguy, mr. lamb, brentd, and huntingwife would have said something if was I breaking the law while hunting them...
View attachment 204730
Whelp, you weren’t…so we didn’t. Asinine. I’m not one to complain, but I might over that one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bo.mooneyham
Back