Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

30" ????

Layin_It_Down

Sorry for the crappy video, but he was a long way off. I had to zoom it in with the computor for a better look. I let this buck walk because I never got a good look at him. After reviewing the video tape, I am definitely a MORON!!! I know they always look bigger walking away, but this is rediculous. Anybody have any guestimations??? (on size of deer, not how stupid I am...) If anyone is wondering, the second buck on the video that is closer, is one I actually missed with my bow at 40 yards. My arrow caught a lone branch and disappeared. I got the video after I caught up with him about 15 minutes later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w7rpVhUpyw

Ya, from the video, he looks like about 4 inches past his ear on his right side. But when he walks away, it's his left side that really jets out. I always guess mule deer around 20" from ear tip to ear tip. Some people say 24" from tip to tip, but I've never seen a deer like that. Maybe the big BIG ones are. If you check out my wife's mule deer video, you can see he is approx. a couple inches past each ear. And rightfully so, he measured right at 24 1/2". From my guestimation, I see about 3-4 inches past his right ear, and about 6 inches past his left. To me, that would put him right at the magical 30" mark.

I would say he is a biggg deer! Definetly close to that 30" mark. Tough to put any good numbers together off of the video. I would guess in the 180 class? Hopefully you can find him again, good luck I would like to see pics of him with your tag on him.

I'm not quite getting thirty out of him.
Either way if he's in an area you have a tag for, he needs a dirt nap.
Awesome buck.

The last buck on the video is 24" to 25" wide and has some nice trash on his right side. The buck that is behind the trees looks wider because of the position of his ears. I never notice his ears straight out...so its hard to tell how wide.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back