PEAX Equipment

3 decades of MT duck openers

What Map

I have been hunting the same general area for ducks on opening day for over three decades. It is a family camping trip. We show up mid afternoon the day before the season starts. Have a big fire and lots of laughs. All three of our daughters came to camp since they were toddlers. Our oldest daughter was able to make it again this year with her husband and 14 month old son.

Here are a few pictures from opening day.

100_3575.jpg

Attachments

• 100_3577.jpg
    100_3577.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 425
  • 100_3595.jpg
    100_3595.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 429
Here's another picture from the around the campfire the night before opening day of duck season. That's 14-month old grandson Jesse in my arms. He loved to stir the fire.

Jess&svt fire 2014 reduced size.jpg

The only thing better than hunting, is hunting with the ones you love. This year was my first year I had ever harvested animal with my dad. The Muley was smaller than previous deer I have shot with my bow but having my dad there made it the best bow hunting experience I've ever had because we were enjoying it together. Great photos and a great tradition to pass on!

Very cool. I look forward to the day when I have the opportunity for a three generation hunt.

Way cool, Shannon!
But then I'm heading by one of your bird spots tomorrow, picking up camelina straw bales over by Norris.
By hand, tsk!! Except our son's building a house out of them. At least they're light, and indestructible!
Duck blinds...?

Back