MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

.260?

Ok, smart ass answers aside, I've inherited my late Father's 260, or rather when he built it it was a 6.5x308, and been playing with it. I've got a crapton of 120's on the bench so that's what it's gonna eat, until they're gone. Velocities don't seem too much different from the 117's out of the 257 roberts, so it seems like a wash to me. I've decided the 140's seem to require deep seating to fit in the magazine, so maybe 130's will be the final solution, until I figure out what the solution is, I'll keep on tinkering.

That deep seating required for 140’s is the primary advantage of the 6.5CM over the .260. Of course if the OP likes Mauser actions, the 6.5x55 is really perfect.

Yeah, the youngest child adopted the 6.5x55 as his own (it’s a m70 fwt. The 260 I get to play with.

There is always the standard 6.5X57 Mauser.

I'm sure with a modern bolt gun and with todays powders, pressure & performance can be upgraded from the original 1893/94 iteration.

There is always the standard 6.5X57 Mauser.

I'm sure with a modern bolt gun and with todays powders, pressure & performance can be upgraded from the original 1893/94 iteration.

Heck of a cartridge. Pretty close to a 6.5x55. Slight edge on a 6.5Rob. Hard to find brass for, hassle to form from anything other than 8x57. Dies are also more difficult to find than for a 6.5x55 or 6.5Rob(unless you like Hornady dies...I don’t) Otherwise excellent.

Only in the US, is it 6.5 Rob.
What's the matter with making 6.5X57 Mauser from 7X57 Mauser?
Grafs has PPU 7X57 brass on the cheap.

Berger's new ammo with the 130gr OTM and 136gr Scenar shoot very well out of my Tikka. It's also loaded with Lapua brass, which is a huge plus and not a bad way to get brass.

Back