26 nosler

I’m not the guy you asked, but will weigh in anyway. The 26 Nosler cartridge is really sensitive to minor changes in loads, so finding the right load that consistently shoots well can be really challenging. (This is directly from the guys at Nosler and from my dad’s experience.) My dad’s rifle likes to be shot pretty clean, with a thorough copper cleaning each time it’s scrubbed. After about thirty shots, groups would open up, and would tighten back after being cleaned. Kind of a pain, but worth it if you want to push 140 grain bullets at 3350 fps.
That’s weird I have a friend with the Nosler rifle in 26 nosler and he says his shoots better the more rounds he fires after cleaning. Always thought that was weird how 2 rifles act so differently

I would suspect I’m not getting the neck tension right. Ave deviation not great probably 25-30. I’m learning as I go I’m not an expert reloader. I’m sure the gun will shoot. Probably in over my head with this caliber.
Have you tried shooting factory ammo just to see how it reacts?

That’s weird I have a friend with the Nosler rifle in 26 nosler and he says his shoots better the more rounds he fires after cleaning. Always thought that was weird how 2 rifles act so differently
It is weird. Makes tinkering and really knowing your rifle fun though. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It was going like gangbusters until the .28 came. All high end gun manufactures are cranking out .28. Its potential is really gaining popularity as one of the best all around cartridges. Lots of companies making ammo for it now.
This sounds like any article on, "The death of the 264 Win Mag." Killed by a .284.

Well the good news is the .28 is beats any .284 by a bunch and even worse how much better than any .264

I know they kill as good as anything else. 284/7mm has never floated my boat though. No real reason. I have representatives of 224,264,308,and 358 diameters so I don't know why that is.
I did just buy a 7MM RM but it is an action donor for a .358 Norma conversion. Is there a 35 Nosler yet?

I just really like the speed. It’s considerably faster than any other 6.5 mm bullet (other than the 6.5-300 weatherby) but the whole reason I like it is because it’s different (I don’t like using something everyone else does) and it’s on sale currently

[URL='https://www.hunttalk.com/goto/post?id=2989223' said:
timmy said:[/URL]
Yeah shoots about the same 1 1/2 inches or so with factory 140 accubonds
"Hosedragger852, post: 2990025, member: 43220"]
That’s good enough for me honestly. How did you do your break in?
Has anyone tried the 140 TBBC? It seems like they are just made for this rifle.

That’s good enough for me honestly. How did you do your break in?
It’s a custom gun so I’m hoping for better going to switch bullets and see what I got. I was half joking about not doing it it’s a fine caliber. Cleaned after every shot for 5 after every 3 for 20 now just cleaning it after I go shoot it now. Probably have only 80 rounds down it. It has not been as easy to get to shoot as some of my other guns though.

I know they kill as good as anything else. 284/7mm has never floated my boat though. No real reason. I have representatives of 224,264,308,and 358 diameters so I don't know why that is.
I did just buy a 7MM RM but it is an action donor for a .358 Norma conversion. Is there a 35 Nosler yet?
No 35 yet. i have the 30 and in my opinion, which really isnt much, I think its an absolute elk killing machine. The 28 is just better all around. I had no intention of buy the 28 and was going to buy a 27 Nosler in their mountain carbon, which is an awesome gun. But the Browning came up too cheap and had to buy it. So many people have different ideas and thoughts I just personally like a heavy bullet moving fast to create a crap load of energy for my elk preference. I have shot elk with many calibers, seen lots more shot with even more. Seen them die, wounded and all kinds of crap. I used to shoot a 300WM for most of my elk hunting, but after seeing my last couple get hit with the 200 grain out of my .30, I am sold.

Well guys after this forum I decided to buy the xbolt western hunter in 28 nosler for a few reasons
1.factory ammo availability
2.game you can ethically take
3.cabelas restocked the western hunter and it’s 300 dollars off.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back