Caribou Gear Tarp

243AI

DamascusSteel

Does anybody have a 243AI? If so what velocities are y'all getting? Thinking about building one, let me know y'alls thoughts and experiences.

Does anybody have a 243AI? If so what velocities are y'all getting? Thinking about building one, let me know y'alls thoughts and experiences.
Not specifically 243 but all of my AIs average 75-100 fps faster. But a 243 is fast enough, hard on brass, and throats. I’m not sure AI a 243 is going to be worth it for the cost.

I heard rumors that 243AI isn't as hard on barrels as the normal 243 but either way I'm not too worried about the barrels just wanted something fun to shoot out at 500yds. And see how small I can get groups.

I heard rumors that 243AI isn't as hard on barrels as the normal 243 but either way I'm not too worried about the barrels just wanted something fun to shoot out at 500yds. And see how small I can get groups.
I don't understand how more powder would be easier on throats..

I do like AI cartridges though.

This is one of those cartridges that has always appealed to me. Just gotta keep in mind that: “rifle barrels are like truck tires…”

A guy local to me has one for sale that he built to tinker with. Tried selling it to me but I’m not looking for right handed bolt guns anymore.

a self build in 6mm remington with a 1 in 8 twist, nice long neck on them, be a screamer with an 85 gr hammer
the most impressive deer kill that ive ever seen, considering that it was a 75 gr hollow point on a large red stag was that the guy hit it in the paunch and killed it stone dead on the spot. on the kill we found that the projectile had opened a dinner plate size hole, this was back in 1967 and has stayed in my memory as if yesterday.

Why no 240 weatherby? That’s not going to be throat friendly either but those 6mm bullets are scooting.

I’ve really enjoyed shooting my “wife’s” 243 the last couple years. They are just great for deer sized game at reasonable ranges and shot angles (85 grain ttsx).

I’m sure that 105 Berger or 95 lrx would be hell out of a 6mm creedmoor tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back