PEAX Equipment

2024 NCAA wrestling March Madness!

Gellar

It is time for the real March madness the 2024 NCAA wrestling championships! The team fight will be for 2-4 as it’s Penn States to lose. The brackets will be out on Wednesday and I’ll post a complete breakdown at that time! Here are my too early to be accurate predictions.

125: Ayala, Iowa (if he wrestles like he did on the backside at the big10 tournament he will win)
133: Fix, OKST (will this be the year? Vito looks injured, can crookham break fix too?)
141: Bartlett, PSU
149: Lovett, Nebraska
157:Levi Haines, PSU
165:Mitch Messenbrink, PSU (you heard it here first from this Iowa fan)
174: Starrocci, PSU (he’s injured but the 3x champ is the 1 seed till someone proves otherwise)
184:Keckeisen, UNI
197: Brooks, PSU
Hwt: Greg Kerkvleit, PSU

It is time for the real March madness the 2024 NCAA wrestling championships! The team fight will be for 2-4 as it’s Penn States to lose. The brackets will be out on Wednesday and I’ll post a complete breakdown at that time! Here are my too early to be accurate predictions.

125: Ayala, Iowa (if he wrestles like he did on the backside at the big10 tournament he will win)
133: Fix, OKST (will this be the year? Vito looks injured, can crookham break fix too?)
141: Bartlett, PSU
149: Lovett, Nebraska
157:Levi Haines, PSU
165:Mitch Messenbrink, PSU (you heard it here first from this Iowa fan)
174: Starrocci, PSU (he’s injured but the 3x champ is the 1 seed till someone proves otherwise)
184:Keckeisen, UNI
197: Brooks, PSU
Hwt: Greg Kerkvleit, PSU
133–Crookham is on a mission but Vito is still the guy to beat when it’s all on the line. Be sure to wish Fix a Happy 26th Birthday tomorrow—he’s amazing but will likely finish his college career without an NCAA title.

165–Keegan O’Toole—hard to bet against the 2X NCAA champ. Carr and Hamiti will factor into the mix

Coming from a PSU alumnus and fan who just binged watched the Big 10, Big 12, ACC, and EIWA tournaments!

Cheers!

Mark

Looks like 4 of my Beavers qualified for the NCAA's this evening. Congrats to them, but I feel like the team probably fell a bit short of expectations.

QQ

The brackets are out. I’ll fill them out over the next few days.
After seeing the brackets I make some changes to my picks I made earlier.

125 Davis vs Ramos in the semifinal I’ll take Ramos. Ayala wins the whole thing.
133 Vito has 2 losses to the same guy and he gets a 6 seed as the defending NCAA and world champ? This sets Vito and crookham up for a semifinal match. I’ll take Vito in the third bout, but I’ll stay with Fix for the championship.
141 I’ll stay with Bartlett
149 Lovett vs Gomez final. Lovett widens the gap this time.
157 Haines vs Shapiro final. 1 Haines vs 13 Blockhous in the semifinal. Haines wins this one, but they are both young and hopefully continue to battle.
165 Otool as a 1 seed vs carr as a 4 seed in the semis sets up Mitch messinbrink to win it all.
174 Starrocci is the 9 seed. 9 starrocci vs 4 Griffith in the semifinals and 9 vs 2 Devos in the finals.
184 keckeisen vs plott in the finals
197 brooks vs Sloan in the final. Sloan vs glazier in the semis. Brooks vs Elam on the top side semifinals.
Hwt kerkvleit vs bastida in the finals.kerkvliet
Wind.

To say I’m excited for tomorrow is an understatement! Looking at the brackets I think there are going to be some upsets of past or potential all Americans in the first and second round. The quarterfinals have some potential fireworks and as always we never know what will happen in the semifinals and the finals.
125- I see two potential upsets on paper in the first round. I’m taking #20 Steve poulin over #13 Noah Surtin and #22 Brayden Palmer over #11 Cooper Flynn. In the second round I have 12 Anthony noto over 5 Jore Volk and I have 18 Deaugustino over 2 stanich.

141 - in the second round I have 12 Wyatt Henson over 5 Anthony Echemendia and 9 hardy over 8 Lemley

157-in the second round I have 9 Leeann over 8 Hardy and I have 13 Blockhus over 4 Scott

165 - In the first round I have 20 Garrin over 13 Bianchi and in the second round I have 10 Amine over 7 Olejnik

174 - with three past NCAA champions on the topside of the bracket every round is going to be a battle. In the first round I’ll take 22 Mocco over 11 Murphy. In the second round 12 Kennedy over 5 Conigliaro

197- 19 Voelker over 14 Poznań ski in the first round. In the second round 12 Rocky Elam over 5 Jacob Cardenas and 11 Jaxon Smith over Lou Deprez

Hwt- in the second round 10 Lucas Davison over 7 Taye Ghadiali

To say I’m excited for tomorrow is an understatement! Looking at the brackets I think there are going to be some upsets of past or potential all Americans in the first and second round. The quarterfinals have some potential fireworks and as always we never know what will happen in the semifinals and the finals.
125- I see two potential upsets on paper in the first round. I’m taking #20 Steve poulin over #13 Noah Surtin and #22 Brayden Palmer over #11 Cooper Flynn. In the second round I have 12 Anthony noto over 5 Jore Volk and I have 18 Deaugustino over 2 stanich.

141 - in the second round I have 12 Wyatt Henson over 5 Anthony Echemendia and 9 hardy over 8 Lemley

157-in the second round I have 9 Leeann over 8 Hardy and I have 13 Blockhus over 4 Scott

165 - In the first round I have 20 Garrin over 13 Bianchi and in the second round I have 10 Amine over 7 Olejnik

174 - with three past NCAA champions on the topside of the bracket every round is going to be a battle. In the first round I’ll take 22 Mocco over 11 Murphy. In the second round 12 Kennedy over 5 Conigliaro

197- 19 Voelker over 14 Poznań ski in the first round. In the second round 12 Rocky Elam over 5 Jacob Cardenas and 11 Jaxon Smith over Lou Deprez

Hwt- in the second round 10 Lucas Davison over 7 Taye Ghadiali
Since my knowledge is very low, do you see my Oregon State Beavers picking up any points? Munoz, at least, had better have something to show.

QQ

Since my knowledge is very low, do you see my Oregon State Beavers picking up any points? Munoz, at least, had better have something to show.

QQ
125 Kaylor has a tough first match against Anthony Noto. I have Kaylor going 2-2.
Hwt- McDermott I have going 2-2. Wins his first match before losing in round 2. And winning his first consolation match.
184- Munoz I have 4th.

Love watching it. Wrestled DII 22 years ago and couldn’t touch 141lbs again lol.
They truly are amazing athletes and students. The whole Covid thing got guys dang near ready to collect social security.

Round 2 starts in 40 minutes! There were a fair amount of top 10 seeds that went down in round 1 with the 5 seed at 125 being the highest to lose. The way 125 was all year, 12 different #1 ranked wrestlers, the upsets are going to continue.

No surprise in the team race that Psu is in the lead but the top 12 teams are only separated by 5 points at this point. Psu did suffer 2 losses in round 1. Returning AA Nagao at 133 got upset and true freshman Kasak at 149 was upset as the 7 seed. Bartlett the 2 seed at 141 barely escaped.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back