2023 FCFS

Just wondering how Resident side is going. Any Nevada citizens get lucky?

I got a cow archery tag back in July. I try to stay on the site pretty regularly and haven’t seen anything.

Just wondering how Resident side is going. Any Nevada citizens get lucky?
I got soooo frustrated yesterday, since it was the opening morning of antelope season in most units I spent from about 8:30 to 10:30ish staring at the screen figuring at least one tag would pop up.

close to 10:30 an antelope any legal weapon season tag in a good area did pop up, I immediately clicked on it, and the website said it was no longer available

I got soooo frustrated yesterday, since it was the opening morning of antelope season in most units I spent from about 8:30 to 10:30ish staring at the screen figuring at least one tag would pop up.

close to 10:30 an antelope any legal weapon season tag in a good area did pop up, I immediately clicked on it, and the website said it was no longer available
That's because the cycle on the refresh is 30 seconds. Unless your extremely lucky other people could have had that tag on their screen for up to 30 seconds before you saw it.

Fcfs is virtually dead for NR. Any really good tags will be snapped up by the click farmers, you really only have a shot at the mediocre tags they don't want and there are so few tags available overall now you could spend weeks and never see one.

If they really wanted to stop the click farming they need to make the tag in your basket ban a year. That would eliminate almost all of it but it's the government so they are always about 7 years behind on technology.

Last edited:
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!

After yesterday's frustration my persistence was rewarded!

I just got a HLTE antelope tag, less than one week from now I'll be stalking bucks :)

I was waiting in a long line of cars at a Wendy's fast food drive-thru and pulled up the FCFS page on my cell phone and was half watching it while listening to the radio and waiting to order....when the antelope tag popped up and I got it!

Celebrated with a large size strawberry frosty

I LOVE FCFS!

I just got my second tag in couple weeks, its an antlered mule deer muzzleloader tag.

It was about 3:50ish am in the morning the tag suddenly popped up, good thing I happened to be up early to get ready for a pre-work sunrise dove hunt and decided to check the site!

For someone like me, a newbie to big game hunting starting with zero points, this program is perfect, as long as you have a flexible enough schedule to plan a hunt trip on short notice.

That's because the cycle on the refresh is 30 seconds. Unless your extremely lucky other people could have had that tag on their screen for up to 30 seconds before you saw it.

Fcfs is virtually dead for NR. Any really good tags will be snapped up by the click farmers, you really only have a shot at the mediocre tags they don't want and there are so few tags available overall now you could spend weeks and never see one.

If they really wanted to stop the click farming they need to make the tag in your basket ban a year. That would eliminate almost all of it but it's the government so they are always about 7 years behind on technology.
What the hell are you talking about? Who's click farming tags? Russians?? It's not like you can sell tags. They go quick cuz people are competing with you. There aren't "click farms".

What the hell are you talking about? Who's click farming tags? Russians?? It's not like you can sell tags. They go quick cuz people are competing with you. There aren't "click farms".

Two of them at least in Utah. They had to implement anti cheating policies because a group in California openly bragged about sucking up all the good NR elk tags the first year FCFS was in service. The refresh logout was designed to thwart the refresh gaming that was going on and the cart penalty was designed to stop the filter feeders, and they both help, but the government is always at least 7 years behind technology.

Ask a Roblox player how to game the current setup, they can tell you because they already use the tool if they are a serious Blox head.

If you think people aren't cheating any way they possibly can to obtain tags that go for tens if not hundreds of thousands on the open market you are just a fool and not paying attention.

Last edited:
How does one sell a Nevada tag for tens of thousands of dollars? It makes no sense. You cannot transfer them to someone else.
All the tags should be for residents only imo, but I'm glad they made it harder for NR. I already got one tag this year and will probably get a second on FCFS. Hasn't been a problem for me.

How does one sell a Nevada tag for tens of thousands of dollars? It makes no sense. You cannot transfer them to someone else.
All the tags should be for residents only imo, but I'm glad they made it harder for NR. I already got one tag this year and will probably get a second on FCFS. Hasn't been a problem for me.
He’s saying that NV tags are in high demand. Landowner tags sell for piles of cash and auction tags are 100k+ so yes they are transferable (landowner). There are multiple companies that have admitted to designed programs to scoop up FCFS tags. If you don’t think that’s possible then it’s safe to assume you don’t understand technology.

He’s saying that NV tags are in high demand. Landowner tags sell for piles of cash and auction tags are 100k+ so yes they are transferable (landowner). There are multiple companies that have admitted to designed programs to scoop up FCFS tags. If you don’t think that’s possible then it’s safe to assume you don’t understand technology.
I’m no computer expert, but I got two FCFS tags doing nothing special this year so I feel the system is currently working fine.

The regular tags aren’t transferable so they can’t be sold.

I’m no computer expert, but I got two FCFS tags doing nothing special this year so I feel the system is currently working fine.

The regular tags aren’t transferable so they can’t be sold.
You can get run of the mill tags no problem, tags up north especially. Those arent the tags well healed hunters are looking for. There were 13 sheep tags in fcfs last year. There will be a similar number this year. I will buy you a six pack if you can even add one to your cart. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:
You can get run of the mill tags no problem, tags up north especially. Those arent the tags well healed hunters are looking for. There were 13 sheep tags in fcfs last year. There will be a similar number this year. I will buy you a six pack if you can even add one to your cart. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Interesting, both tags I got where as far north as possible, one unit bordered Oregon and the other bordered Idaho.

NDOW should impose a lifetime hunting ban for people abusing the system. I have zero idea how landowner tags work, but my instinct would lead me to believe tags of any sort should not be able to be auctioned. That kind of shit is turning hunting into a rich man's sport more than it already is. I wish they'd ban outfitter tags all together. I mean, you're putting about 30 people out of work statewide to save the integrity of the sport.

Anyway, the FCFS seems to be just fine for me:
I got a ALW cow tag (ended up eating it due to family emergency) and a 033 buck tag (burned 1 whole point!). The buck tag was better than I as hoping for. Something closer to home with a long season and only 16 other hunters with the same tag. Stoked!

I LOVE FCFS!

I just got my second tag in couple weeks, its an antlered mule deer muzzleloader tag.

It was about 3:50ish am in the morning the tag suddenly popped up, good thing I happened to be up early to get ready for a pre-work sunrise dove hunt and decided to check the site!

For someone like me, a newbie to big game hunting starting with zero points, this program is perfect, as long as you have a flexible enough schedule to plan a hunt trip on short notice.
you are a NV resident?

Two of them at least in Utah. They had to implement anti cheating policies because a group in California openly bragged about sucking up all the good NR elk tags the first year FCFS was in service. The refresh logout was designed to thwart the refresh gaming that was going on and the cart penalty was designed to stop the filter feeders, and they both help, but the government is always at least 7 years behind technology.

Ask a Roblox player how to game the current setup, they can tell you because they already use the tool if they are a serious Blox head.

If you think people aren't cheating any way they possibly can to obtain tags that go for tens if not hundreds of thousands on the open market you are just a fool and not paying attention.
Who were the folks in Utah? I am a Utah resident but in 2022 I had 3 Nevada tags- Second draw archery deer tag, FCFS rut rifle Elk tag, FCFS rut rifle buck pronghorn tag. All the tags picked up as nonres. I played fair and square in terms of getting the tags, so i'm not sure if I am considered one of those people.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back