2023 BEAR SEASON RESULTS SHOW DROP IN TOTAL HARVEST AND HUNTER SUCCESS RATES

cheeser

Simple - acorns dropped SUPER EARLY this year due to the drought. Bears coming into bait are substantially more inconsistent once those acorns drop. It also was a dog first year.

EDIT: Should have read the article first before replying...

Simple - acorns dropped SUPER EARLY this year due to the drought. Bears coming into bait are substantially more inconsistent once those acorns drop. It also was a dog first year.

EDIT: Should have read the article first before replying...
The significant acorn drop affected hound hunting too. They just weren’t moving enough to cut many tracks. Probably laid up on a hillside getting fat.

Same Here.. heavy acorn crop had them sticking close to food.. slow hunting for the most part till you found a good stand of white oaks or grapes, I ended up killing one during late muzzleloader while he was munching down in a big stand of white oaks.

I saw a lot of big bears coming out of zone A this year. Not a lot of acorn dropping trees up there.
That acorn crop was insane once you got near Eau Claire though.

I saw a lot of big bears coming out of zone A this year. Not a lot of acorn dropping trees up there.
That acorn crop was insane once you got near Eau Claire though.
I'm 30 minutes from Eau Claire and without question, it's the biggest acorn crop i can recall.
A good friend of mine does guided bear hunts in zone C and it was his worst year, 5 out of 11 tags filled.
Definitely a slow year for bear hunting around here, most of the hunters i talked to struggled to even get there baits hit, let alone see a bear.

So I’ve scoured the WI outdoors website and haven’t been able to find an answer. (Without creating a new login, that is.)
Is it possible to buy just the bear point without having to purchase the $251.00 license?
Thanks.

So I’ve scoured the WI outdoors website and haven’t been able to find an answer. (Without creating a new login, that is.)
Is it possible to buy just the bear point without having to purchase the $251.00 license?
Thanks.
Yes, there's a preference point only option when you apply

Thanks, much appreciated.
Now, just another eleven years to go!😳
It wont take that long, the wait will eventually start to come down again. It will be around 5-6 points in a couple more years.
Fun opportunity is chasing bobcats with only a couple points in the meantime.

New here and this is my first post but where can I get more information on hunting black bear in NC? I’ve never been hunting. Been shooting all my life rifles and handguns. So I’m wanting to try black bear hunting as it’s really the only hunting I’m intrigued with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back