Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2020 Load hauler Backpacks

I am definitely going to take a look at all the different suggestions starting this evening. Thanks

Everyone is different.
I have an Exo (2.0) and MR (2019 model).
After a lot of rucks this summer, I will likely reach for the MR this fall. I think it packs weight a bit better. I would argue, however, that the Exo has a better designed bag.
To add to the confusion, I think the SG, Kifaru, and Seek Outside all have very low ‘complaints per user’. If I were to start from scratch, I would go with one of those.
That said, there’s a Ford/Chevy argument to all this. You’ll be fine with whichever...but screwing around with gear is fun.

I had a 2019 Metcalf I got on a 30% of sale. I loved it but thought a few things could be better. This spring after seeing the updates of the 2020 I sold it for what I paid for it because it wasn't on sale anywhere at the time. Then managed to pick up a 2020 on a 20% sale at Scheel's this summer. It ended up costing me $30ish to upgrade in the end but well worth it. Even more comfortable and the other upgrades have been nice. Definitely the last bag I'll buy.

Never heard of this brand. Added it to my list to review. Keep thinking I'm going to get some free time but that's probably a few weeks out. I did take a quick look online, had pretty good reviews.

Everyone is different.
I have an Exo (2.0) and MR (2019 model).
After a lot of rucks this summer, I will likely reach for the MR this fall. I think it packs weight a bit better. I would argue, however, that the Exo has a better designed bag.
To add to the confusion, I think the SG, Kifaru, and Seek Outside all have very low ‘complaints per user’. If I were to start from scratch, I would go with one of those.
That said, there’s a Ford/Chevy argument to all this. You’ll be fine with whichever...but screwing around with gear is fun.

Agreed, but I wasn't even aware of all of the choices. It will be nice to take a look at them all and see which one makes the final pick. Enjoy all the input, that's part of the fun.
What, Toyota pickup didn't make the list?

Thought more would see my post on this thread so hope you don't mind.
I've been waiting to order the new Mystery Ranch Metcalf backpack but it's been months and really can't wait any longer. I thought the new 2020 upgrades to the Metcalf looked nice. Do any of you have any favorite hunting backpacks models?

I love my f1 mainframe by Eberlestock! Highly recommend it. 1597891381088.jpeg

GoHunt has 2020 metcalfs in stock, use code Randy and save 10%

Rustednuts,

Gohunt is now sold out of XL Mystery Ranch Backpacks. I contacted Gohunt to ask if their new 3D maps covered private and public land boundaries. It does. I had just purchased OnX Maps in June. Deleting OnX from my phone and going with GoHunt maps. Stopping auto pay with OnX.
Well, by the time I found out the above info a lot of people must have read your post and bought the last of the MR backpacks.
Still, I am excited to use my new maps app.

That’s a bummer, they normally have good sales on mystery around Labor Day and Thanksgiving if you can wait for a restock

That’s a bummer, they normally have good sales on mystery around Labor Day and Thanksgiving if you can wait for a restock

That's good to know...I will probably just use the pack I have for this elk season. Thanks for all the good info.
At this point e-scouting and making sure I am in shape are my top priorities. The gear I have will have to do for one more season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back