2016 WY Regs up

I'm also hoping it will help slow the antelope point creep.

With just a brief look at the numbers tags are up statewide just under 10% so that should open opportunities especially for the traditional leftover or draw every year units circa 2010. The traditional better areas at least as access goes in the central and south central took huge cuts in tags in 2014 while the NE never really dropped off and has gained even more tags. My guess is that we will see more opportunity for guys to go out every year to marginal access units rather than capping the point creep in the 60's units. Those will continue to climb to 20 plus points or more as its far from a mature draw at this point.

Depending on the upcoming 2016 winter, I would also expect pronghorn and deer quotas to increase in South East Wyoming as well. The bio's for this region are playing it conservative and trying to find that sweet spot of slowly increasing harvest, while keeping reasonable and controlled population increases. In other words, trying to avoid the high peaks, and low valleys in population and opportunity.

We have great biologists here in Wyoming, a great department, and a great commission, that actually allows their biologists to do what's best for wildlife resources. We also have landowners that are much more tolerant of wildlife as well.

Such a stark contrast with Montana...

Seriously, who can find and shoot a deer with a minimum number of point in 3 days....and I thought 5 days was bad.

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, but I can't find how many tags are available for antelope for 2016. I would think its in the hunt planner somewhere?

I'm feeling pretty dumb right now, but I can't find how many tags are available for antelope for 2016. I would think its in the hunt planner somewhere?

Click on the 2nd link I posted and scroll down to the antelope section. You'll see a link for the 2016 Hunting Seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back