2014 MT Loper

thecrittergitter

Well, one of my favorite hunts of the year when I actually have a tag in my pocket. This is my set hunt of the year where its me and the boys headed out to chase speed goats with a great friend of mine in eastern MT. Unfortunately, we didn't find any big ones this year, in fact, very few goats at all. Unfortunately for one of them, his fate was in the hands of a 9 and 7 year old;)

This will be more pictures than words.............I think the photos tell the story. The story of two kids enjoying the living daylights out of chasing speed goats in mt.

Night before season we decided on a hotel room instead of a tent.....It doesn't look like these two are excited for morning does it:)?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 424
Just lookin for lopes...

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 422
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 426
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 425
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 426
And of course there were a few lopes running around, just no good ones. Course don't tell my kids that because they are convinced the one we shot is a good one:) They said they really wanted it euroed for their room cause they liked the buck they named "curvy" for his "curvey" horns:)LOL

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 417
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 430
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 415
Was awesome having our great friend Brian along on the hunt........Brian got to wear Dustin as a backpack most of the weekend:)LOL

Love this picture...

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 424
I told the boys to go ahead and walk over and I would watch them through the spotter, if they gave me a thumbs up, I would know they judged it to be acceptable:):D

I guess the pic says it all.....

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 426
One important lesson I learned is that even though I know the difference between a small lope and big lope, kids don't! Since Braden spotted this antelope on his own at 700 yards, I felt that I had to finish off his great spotting by rewarding him with his photo next to his buck he named "curvy".

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 417
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 422
Absolutely great story!! Thanks for sharing.

PS- I"m thinking you've got those two hooked... ;)

Freaking awesome! Again, another fantastic adventure getting the kiddos out. Way to go dude! Congrats on curvy - very nice and the boys will be thrilled having their goat in the bedroom!

You're definitely on a roll right now Matt! Hopefully next weekend results in more meat packing for you!

Back