Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2014 MT Bear-4 yards

thecrittergitter

I think I'll go with the Oak version of this bear hunt..... just very slightly extended......

Elkwhisper came into town on a business trip and threw me a heads up he was coming in and would like to get out for the evening if I didn't have anything going.

So we went looking for a bear:

Spotted bear at 8:10 pm........Had 1 hour 15 minutes to somehow close the nearly 2 mile gap between us......Elkwhisper told me to run solo, he would look for a bear on another ridge and meet up after dark. I'm there at 9:25 sweating profusely, breathing like I've been eating nothing but donughts for the past 3 weeks........and scanning like crazy in the low light to find this chocolate boar that I thought was a big one. Well, as I stop for a quick breather, I turn to keep going and just about came out of my skin. There he is, staring me down at 4 steps.........yep, 4 steps and not running away. Now I've been in a similiar situation to this before with a griz and I've always said that when a bear is within 5 yards and not hauling arse the opposite direction, its time to get on the trigger:) So I did.....;)

Not quite as big as I thought he was, but sure is a pretty bugger. Elkwhisper and I don't get much field time together but so far we are 100% on animal deaths when we do:)
Good friend Ben made the hike with his new puppy the next day to help pack out. Creek crossings were a little sketchy, but puppy got a ride across in the pack:)

Attachments

• bear 3.jpg
    bear 3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 722
  • bear 1.jpg
    bear 1.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 726
  • Ben.jpg
    Ben.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 717
  • 2014 Bear.JPG
    2014 Bear.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 714
  • bear 2.jpg
    bear 2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 726
  • bear 4.jpg
    bear 4.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 763
  • bear pack.jpg
    bear pack.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 723
Everytime I see a color phase bear I won't one more. Congrats on an awesome trophy!

Nice bear Critter.I like the pup as well,I will be picking up one just like it in a short few.

Nice bear. Yeah, 4 yards is a little too close.

Great! love the dog/pack pic. I have a feeling, that next spring, I'll be doing some bear hunting somewhere. Well done and thanks for the inspiration.

Technically I think we are 150% on tags punched.....you wanna come on my sheep hunt when my tag gets drawn next week?

Thanks again for letting me tag along! It was a blast.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back