Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

2013 out with a bang

The Hedgehog

My son was plagued with bad luck on deer this year - Murphy's law of hunting. On his 10th day hunting deer (and after a few "don't throw in the towel now" pep talks) the stars lined up Saturday. He shot his first whitetail in a CRP field in sight of my Dad's farm house. Dad was along to watch, as was my girlfriend and a stray bird hunter with a great camera. Glad all the other ones got away as this was a really nice day. Thanks to Miller for taking this photo.
1483842_10201467365985038_829570460_o.jpg

This is actually his 2nd buck but his first whitetail. He hunted deer in 6 separate Montana counties this fall. There were some close calls on nice mule deer- a couple missed shots, a large buck in his sights dropping to another hunters bullet, fogging up his scope on the last breath before squeezing the trigger, and a bad cold for the last week of the season. Saturday was really great.

Nice 1st whitey.

What gives? You have the kid in all Sitka gear and you aren't?

IMO having to struggle a litte makes it that much better when you are successful. Congrats.

Perfect generational pic!

Looks Sitka Gear saw a bright future and sponsored The Dude's hunting wardrobe

Great His Dad and Gramps could share it. The lickbag with the camera is another story.....:D

I, for one, am glad to see a kid have to work for a good kill. Not a fan at all of people showing off their kids with their first buck and it's a 150-170" ranch killed deer they basically "bought" for them.

Congrats to your son on a hard earned trophy!!! I know it made dad and granddad proud!!!

Great first whitetail. Sounds like you covered lots of ground. Nothing like taking it down to the wire and being successful.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back