PEAX Equipment

2012 Montana elk

Hem

Had a special tag for this year,so i was determined to hold out for an exceptional bull.After three trips and eight days It was time to fill the tag and not be so picky.I'm happy this guy was there,it was the final full day of hunting.Battled snow/blizzard weather,frozen pea soup fog, shorts weather, and high winds over the course of the season, but that is elk hunting,right?:)

Attachments

• DSCN7196.jpg
    DSCN7196.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 953
Looks like you took him out of the first cut of rough from the seventh hole. Congratulations.

Congrats, Hem. I was going to call and see how it was going. Glad to see you got a good one. Hope you get another good Whitey in the few days remaining.

hah,first bull in twenty three years that wasn't gutted on the side of some cliff. No apologies here.:D

Fin,
The whiteys get a pass from me this year,I think.My Powder River hunt was a bust,and by the time I cut and wrap this elk I might have had enough raw meat on the brain.;)

Great bull. I almost hate "trophy" tags. It makes bulls that you would normally be doing back flips over seem just ok. That's a great bull you should be happy. What was the biggest you saw over the season up there would you guess?

Actually i wasn't being THAT choosy, I only passed on two small 6's earlier in the season. I was hunting a 50/50 split of private /public,in an area where generally the elk are migrating through.There wasn't much elk hanging around.Did see some whoppers in pick-ups whole,in that unit.

Great bull right there. I'll trade you some deer for some elk if I can put my tag on one of the bucks I've been chasing for the last week.

Thats a great bull.What tag did you draw;if you want to share.I'm sure its a tough one to get anyway.i'd be super happy with a bull like that;congrats

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back