PEAX Equipment

2012 Archery Elk (pics)

Well, my hunting partner (Fred) decided to go with me this morning since I've been getting in on bulls while scouting for them. We got into bulls early and soon found ourselves in between two herd bulls with satellites running all over the place. All of a sudden I see a bull coming and tell Fred to nock an arrow and draw......he does as this bull comes by on a trot chasing other elk off. I cow call him and he comes to a dead stop at 44 yards. I whispered "44 yards" to Fred and he stuck him. The bull ran about 80 yards and bedded down. About 45 minutes later we took up the trail and found him expired. This is a real nice bull for this unit. Both sword points (G4's) were broken....other wise he be a close to a 320" bull. Even broken he should net above 300" with long main beams and decent tine lenght. Fred was PUMPED! Don't think I've been bear hugged that much in a long time. One more tag to fill now. Hope you enjoy

fredsbull025.jpg

Congrats on the 2nd bull! I like how the whale tail on his left beam goes horizontal!

Back