MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2011 AZ archery Mule deer

redline410

Well boys, I won't be posting any late season Coues pics this year- I lucked into my best archery mule deer. not bad for a place where we haven't seen a mule deer since 2007.

He had about an hour and half left at this point
P1000309.jpg
Dig the way this side looks
P1000300.jpg
Someday I'm going to hunt in a spot that has some flat ground and get some decent pictures
P1000302.jpg
Another hunt down with my pops...
P1000310.jpg
That desert is a cool place to hunt- just wish it had a better deer population......:D
P1000316.jpg

Dave

Nice job! Good looking buck, although I'm going to miss the Coues photos.

Congrats man! Thats a great desert buck! Theyre rutting like crazy right now!

As much as I love Coues pics and want to hunt them someday, a true desert mule deer story and pics such as this are more than enough to satisfy. Congrats!

Thanks for the comments fellas- wish I could spin some tale of superior hunting ability but alas, I can not. This buck had spent two days running a small 3x off from his harem. On Sunday I just happened to be blindly sitting in spot that the 3x decided to use as an escape route and pulled dude into the open. Sheer dumb luck- like most of the critters I shoot at, he just got in the way of the projectile.

Oak- between the kids and dad, there'll be one coues tag in the family for sure. I'll get a picture up in time for halloween.....

Big Stan- I'm thinking the ol' Dragon Slayer will carry more than skinny ol' legs can. I know for sure it can carry an entire coues buck and just found out it can carry 2 hind quarters, 2 back straps, a cape and a set of horns from a mule deer at one time. If only my legs felt as good as my back and shoulders do right now.......

Flippin awsome!
It is sad the Mule deer population has dropped so much in the southern units. I talked with the bio a few years back and he said too many years of bad drought and some diseases took it's toll. When I hunted down there 17 years ago with my bow it was awsome how many deer you would see a day compared to now.
Unfortunatly back then carbon arrows, flat shooting bows, and modern range finders were not around yet and even though I was a way better shot than I am now i sucked at judging yardage and only took one good buck down there, but man I saw some brutes!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back