Yeti GOBOX Collection

2010 Season

Blacktailbc

My 2010 season started out with my annual wilderness trip for blacktails, here in Northern California. The forcast was for rain, so we decided to try a spot a little lower on the mountain. As most of you know, hunting up high in the rain sucks, you get soaked, and you can't see because of the fog. I had never hunted this particular spot, but my dad had before, so he lined me out.
Friday evening sunset..
picture.php
[/IMG]

Opening Morning we climbed up to the top of the ridge to glass. My Hunting partner immediately spotted two bucks below us. They bailed and gave us the slip, so I decided to sidehill over to the next canyon....rugged country.
picture.php

I got that feeling that there would be a buck around......You know, its 15 minutes after daylight, drizzling rain, and you are the only guy in the canyon type feeling. Well, I found the buck across the canyon at 210 yds, and center punched him. He rolled forever, going completely airborne a couple times. I was afraid there would only be nubs for horns left when I got there. I was pleasantly surprised.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I couldn't spring for the Mystery Ranch like most of you guys, so I had to go Dana Design :)
picture.php

Made it back to camp in the pouring rain. The rain finally let up enough for an evening hunt. We split up and I heard a gunshot within 20 minutes. My buddy shot this respectable blacktail in his bed at 40 yds.
picture.php

picture.php

We packed out the next day in a driving rain. It was off to Wyoming and Colorado next.

To be continued.......

Sorry guys...Don't know WTH happened. The pics were up right after I posted, now they are gone. I will try again later.

I think I got it figured out. Made my albums public instead of private. Pics should be up now.

Holy steep.

A couple of great bucks....congrat! I'd like to try that some day.

Man your buck looks like a toad. Gorgeous deer and awesome country, congrats.

That is awesome. When I think of Cali blackttails I think of that rolling hill oak brush bullshit... but you did it like I used to try and do it in Washington, in the cascades...steep, deep, wet and nasty....

Congrats!

Holy crappin crap....

thats the neatest sunset picture EVER.....I love the little plumes above the trees as they exhale.....

Nice deer too.......

Steve

We headed to Wyoming in mid October for deer. We had never hunted this area before, and it was a leftover tag, so my sights were not set real high. Mainly just wanted to shoot a buck and a doe for some meat. We got there a couple days early to look around. Our scouting turned up a few bucks, but no big ones. Opening day found us glassing some neat looking country....

picture.php

We saw a couple bucks opening morning, but nothing big. We were mainly ducking for cover from all the gunfire. That evening my buddy and I split up, and he ended up shooting a nice 24" 4x3 just before dark. Sorrry no pics.
The next morning I decided to drop the hammer on this guy so we could go whack a couple does in a neighboring unit. As he lay.

picture.php

I love wyoming.

picture.php

Hanging meat during boning :)
picture.php

I will spare you the doe pictures, but we both shot a doe antelope and doe deer. We had a great time. Stopped by the Little Bighorn Battlefield on the way home (detour through Montana). Pretty cool place. Paid our respects to Gen. Custer
picture.php

I had a pretty good 3rd season Colorado tag, so I was looking forward to chasing rutting bucks there.........

I arrived in Colorado Nov.4th, with My brother and My Dad, to look around before the season started. The first 5 days of the season were a little slow, it was super hot, and the deer were real spread out. Finally on the 10th, the weather got colder, and the rut started to kick in. Saw a few promising prospects for the future.....
picture.php

picture.php

My brother had to leave a couple days early for a job interview, so he took this nice 4x4 on the second to last day.
picture.php

That same evening my dad shot a nice buck. It was an older deer, with a huge body. It ended up being 28.5" inches wide, heavy, with short tines. Kind of a flat horned deer. It looked super big on the hoof. Sorry no field pics as we forgot our cameras. Insert crappy cell phone pic.
picture.php

I held out till the last morning, looking for that "gagger" buck. I found this buck about 30 minutes after daylight, and decided to drop the hammer.
picture.php

picture.php

We never did see any of those extra large deer that colorado is known for, but we had a great time, and were all happy with our bucks. Looking forward to 2011. Like Randy said, I don't know if it can get much better!

Ya did really good in Colorado. Approximately 95% of hunters, resident or non-resident probably would have dropped the hammer on the first buck you posted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back