2010 NM Mule Deer!!!

Congrats squeaks on a great buck. You did awesome keeping your attitude high while things were tough. You were rewarded greatly.

That's a dandy buck! Way to hang in there. Persistance pays very well in your case!

Awesome buck Spitz.

Glad to see that somebody had some luck down there as we were skunked. I was a very tough hunt, full moon and every thing else.

Congrats

Thanks guys. Here's a photo of what camp looked like when we returned after the crazy windy day. Definitely disheartening when we were wet and cold. The picture doesn't quite do things justice. Between a couple of cots, duffel bags, a lock box full of gear and some firewood we were trying to keep dry, there was several hundred pounds of junk to sort through to get things taken out and packed back up. Anybody have a canvas tent they want to sell dirt cheap? :D

NM deer camp.jpg

And here I am when life is good . . . at the beginning of the pack out. Didn't look quite so cheery again until I reached the truck many miles later.

NM pack out.jpg

Last edited:
It's made by Kifaru and called a Gunbearer. Works great and is much better than trying to keep a sling over a shoulder you've already got a backpack strap on.

Here they are Moosie. Didn't take any field pics of them unfortunately. Nothing great except for the one deer shed.
sheds 1.jpg

Here's a better pic of it. It scores just over 80 and lays out real wide. I'm sure he'd be a shooter in most anyone's book.
sheds 2.jpg

Got the euro mount mostly finished up. Will probably just bleach him up one more time. I swear I spend 5 hours too many scraping these things. The power washing helps but doesn't seem to get that tissue that you really got to work out. Maybe I just need an apprenticeship with somebody that knows what they're doing . . . any takers? ;)

euro.jpg

euro 2.jpg

Thats a nice looking buck! Tought hunt too...dang. Hard to keep the spirits up after that many days with no sightings!

SO, on the gunbearer... do you "hunt" with it slung like that? I have thought time and again, every year, how much I hate carrying my sling over my shoulder, especially when I have a pack on....

Great buck for all your troubles. keep trying to draw. them big bucks dont get big for nothing.
I hear people say there are no big bucks left in NM. You just proved them wrong. Next time youll get Mr. Big. Keep on HUNTING with a Smile

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back