2010 MLB Pool

Don't worry about it, Randy--I'm getting steamrolled early. I'm really just interested in whether my Dodgers win the West and I think they have a great shot right now. Will be interesting to see how some teams pull (or don't) out their early respective nosedives...

Dodgers?? Really!! Go Giants!!!:cool:

It's hard not to bet on the Nationals this year.

Worst: The old Expos.

They sure don't look like the Expos I grew up watching anymore. I really think they bring up Strasburg in the next month and he will have an instant impact. Baseball has been great this year. I love when it is not so predictable. Very happy to see my Red Sox playing good ball now.

Standings as of 1:20 pm 6/19

Smalls/AZ402--------------------------------------------------------16
Big Slick---------------------------------------------------------------15
MissoulaZ28/FowlAddict/WyoMuleDeer/Oak-------------14
Sytes--------------------------------------------------------------------13
Randy11/Pointer-----------------------------------------------------11
Devil Diver Down-------------------------------------------------------9

- AL West was once again the hardest to pick, with only 9 combined points being scored, divided among 5 different players.
- Sytes had the only perfect division, nailing every team in the NL East
- Every single player got points out of both the AL East and the NL East
- No one picked a correct wild card
- There were 38 points scored in the NL Central, by far the most of any division.

- No one picked a correct wild card

Whom are you picking as the AL wildcard leader? Seems to me it should be new york and there were a couple that picked them? Gotta love the AL East!! Three teams within a game of each other with a lot to go.

Whom are you picking as the AL wildcard leader? Seems to me it should be new york and there were a couple that picked them? Gotta love the AL East!! Three teams within a game of each other with a lot to go.

Whoops, I just copied and pasted the standings over, which listed Tampa second. Didn't even realize they were tied. Shows how into baseball I am this year :rolleyes:.

Ill go back and add a point to anyone that had the Yankees picked.

That division is ridiculous.
The AL west was like that in the early 00's. It's not fun having your team win 93 games, take third place, and finish 6 and 10 games back of second and first.

Anybody got to see Strasburg pitch yet? It looks like he's throwing a wiffleball.

Updated with wild cards added

AZ402/Smalls--------------------------------------16
Big Slick/FowlAddict/Wyomuledeer-------15
MissoulaZ28/Oak---------------------------------14
Sytes--------------------------------------------------13
Pointer------------------------------------------------12
Randy11----------------------------------------------11
Devil Diver Down-----------------------------------10

Standings as of 1:00 AM 8/18:

FowlAddict/Smalls----------------------15
Sytes-----------------------------------------14
Oak/Big Slick-----------------------------13
MissoulaZ28-------------------------------12
AZ402/Wyomuledeer-------------------10
Randy11/Devil Diver Down------------9
Pointer---------------------------------------8

*With the Rays and Yankees again being tied, they are both correct as either first or second place in the AL East, as well as the Wild Card.

-FowlAddict had the only perfect division, nailing every spot in the AL Central.
-I'm the only one who had the Phillies correctly picked as the the NL Wildcard, although four players guessed either NYY or Tampa in the AL.
-The AL East was the most correctly guessed division, with 41 points being scored in it.
-The NL West was again the hardest division to guess, with only 6 points being scored.

If the Cardinals pass the Reds, or the Red Sox get back up in between TB/NYY, there'll be a big shift for a lot of players.

My god my Mariners are atrocious. Next year we need to do a pool on hottest girl in the stands, or ugliest player, or best umpire called strike threes, because that's all I can really pay attention to this far into the year watching a 100 loss club.

I can't believe my beloved RS have stayed within 6 games with all of the injuries. They look tired, but I'm keeping the faith!

You think that Beltre signing has worked out alright? Guy's having an amazing season.

Maybe they should start rubbing his head before the game for good luck!!! :D

HAHA!

wsjpc7.gif

(If this is too big to load for you guys let me know and I'll take it down.)

Man I miss that guy....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back