Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2010 Big Belts buck

ismith

Shot this guy in a nasty hole last friday.

047.jpg

049.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking buck!
You've got a good stretch of mule deer going....

The packout was pretty rough. Several miles of steep country, knee deep snow, deadfall and the dark made things interesting. My buddy shot a buck earlier so we both had a boned out deer in our packs.

It sounds like boning is the way to go (that's what she said). I had to make two trips to get mine out. I finally learned how to completely cape an animal out, which should save me some weight in the future. Congrats again.

The cape adds a bunch of weight for sure. This year no cape and I cut the horns off. Made the wife pretty happy that I wasnt getting another european mount this year. I figure the moose skull and hide will take up pretty much the whole taxidermy budget.

The packout was pretty rough. Several miles of steep country, knee deep snow, deadfall and the dark made things interesting. My buddy shot a buck earlier so we both had a boned out deer in our packs.

Yes, but isn't that kind of misery sweet?

Good looking buck, way to go.

"Shot this guy in a nasty hole last friday." So you made a texas heart shot on him then? ;)

I think AZ402 has shot things in Nasty holes before as well..........

Nice buck !! You are looking at the camera like "Crap I have to hike this critter out a long ways !!"

Great buck. Tough packs seem to make those bucks even more rewarding. Congrats.

I see dozens of down trees in the photos, suspect you probably hate deciding whether to go over or under. That's a fine deer. Deer like that are why we find ourselves back in that damn hole year after year!.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back