2009 oregon mulie

bullchuck

so i talk my roomate into going hunting with me this year. thinking that he would not get anything. BOY WAS I WRONG.:rolleyes: he shot a nice 3x3 with 3-4" eye guards. 2 shots with a 243 and down he went. i shot at a big buck that was running with him. didnot know if i hit him or not. there was only 20 mins. of shooting left. i looked for any sign and could not fined any, so we took care of his buck . i went back in the morning and spent about 2 hours looking.I found his tracks but no blood, just a good clean miss.

Mark

Attachments

• deer picks 017.jpg
    deer picks 017.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 281
bullchuck...welcome to the site.
way to go...great story and buck...isnt that the way it goes when you take someone new...bet hes hooked now?
btw...the buck looks very whitetailish?

duckhead59 bullchuck...welcome to the site.
way to go...great story and buck...isnt that the way it goes when you take someone new...bet hes hooked now?
btw...the buck looks very whitetailish?

just the other way around. when we took the head in to have a skull mount done, the taxidermist ( ? ) said it had blacktail in him. this is what he told me.
1 - He had a shorter snout,
2 - The ears were a little smaller,
3 - The hornes were darker
as for having whitetail in him , i dout it, because there is no whitetails in the cascades mountains. at lease that i know of.

Thanks Mark

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back