MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2009 AZ Coues (pic heavy)

redline410

It was a tough one fellas- We had found a handful of B&C bucks during our scouting trips and had a plan laid out that would have us and a couple of them back in camp by the end of the weekend- as with most coues hunts in this unit, we hiked a lot, saw very few deer, dropped the hammer on the best two we saw, and were damn proud of the accomplishment.

Coues town U.S.A
101_0659.JPG

Lonely at the top- spent more days on this rock than I cared too.
101_0637.jpg

This little set up I know stuck fear into the hearts of those bad little animals.
101_0658.JPG

Say Cheese!! He is my best coues to date. Two bladed brows with a jack knife kicker, heavy and wide.
101_0629.jpg

My old man sharing my success. And lets not forget old reliable- that 7mag had done some amazing things. This time she center punched her target at 427yrds-
101_0641.JPG

Then it was pops turn to fill his tag
101_0643.jpg

His best Coues to date- dude was like an 11yr old girl when we located this buck, he liked to never get the scope on it. What a memory that was and he'll never live it down :)
101_0661.JPG

All and all it was a great hunt. Got to hang out with my old man for 5 days, saw some incredible country, laughed a lot, ate like kings, took down two great bucks, one of which we had scouted and left four for another time. Can't wait til next season............

That's awsome. Great looking animals.

My dad is my favorite hunting partner although we have never both harvested an animal together. Maybe that will change next week.

Wow, those are great looking bucks! Congrats to the two of you!

I'll be down there chasing them in December. I'd love to hear the scores on those two, to give me an idea of what I'm looking for.

Those are two awesome bucks.
Congrats to you and your old man.

Thanks for the replies boys- I had an absolute blast.

Oak, those bucks gross 107 and 89 respectively. Not sure where you are hunting come December but if you want an extra set of eyes, talk to Stan and have him give me a call. I'll see what I can do....

Wow, those are some big Coues....congrats.

Thats a really neat kicker tine on yours. Which one was the unscouted "surprise"?

That's a heck of a buck you killed.

Stan knows where we'll be. Looks like we'll be able to hunt for about 14 days, so we should be able to find a couple of decent bucks.

Congrates on two real nice Coues. Great pics, Good job to the bouth of you. It is a lot of fun to hunt with your son or father. I will get to do it soon again with my son, this week end. Hope to have alot fun.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back