MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

1st Bird with my bow

DaveHawk

.I took this bird in late October. This bird was dumber then door nails. Let me ask you guys do Toms just don't care when it's not time to screw. I mean this guy looked at me at least 4+5 times as I put the stalk on him for 50 yards. Got a 15 yard shot quartering away and flop he was down and out. I was pretty stoked, 1st bow kill as I was heading to my tree stand to deer hunt.

Attachments

• IMAGE_002.jpg
    IMAGE_002.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 182
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 187
Va. Spring bird I will be hunting Ky, NY& Md I would really like to get back out to the Bad Lands in SD. Thats the best turkey hunting I've ever done.

I had no idea you could use a cross bow in all those places, that 's great to know. I thought Wyoming and Oklahoma were about it.

There are lots of states you can use a crossbow as a legal weapon during a gun season. Also, and I'm not saying I know anything about DaveHawk's situation, but it could also be an allowable weapon with a special handicap permit. I broke my clavecal in Oct. '09 and my doctor signed off on a 5 year permit for me. I havent taken advantage of it yet, kinda like my Diamond, but if I want to, it'd be perfectly legal to...

Looks like they are actually legal in those states for non disabled hunters with certain restrictions.

New York
Crossbows can be used during the REGULAR firearms seasons in the Northern and Southern Zone, during the LATE muzzleloading and bowhunting seasons, and during the January firearms season in Suffolk County, beginning with the 2011-2012 hunting seasons and continuing until December 31, 2012.
Virginia
Crossbows are legal to use by any hunter. A crossbow license is required during an archery season.

Kentucky
Crossbows may be used in designated weeks, see state regulations. Hunters using crossbows during a firearms deer season must follow all firearm season restrictions, zone guidelines and hunting requirements in effect during firearms seasons. Crossbows are also permitted during muzzle-loader only season. Disabled hunters with a permit may use a crossbow to hunt deer during the bow-only deer season.

Maryland
Crossbows may be used to hunt deer only, with the exception of special crossbow permits for disabled hunters who may pursue all game legal for a vertical bow. All hunters may use crossbows for four weeks of archery season and four weeks of gun season.

Dana I've never been able to hunt with a vertical bow. I've have crushed disc 4,5&6 plus 4 shoulder surgery's , 2 on both. I been hunting with my crossbow scene 81. Killed a lot of deer but this was my 1st turkey with a CB. I shied away from using it during the regular season just because a shot gun or flint lock Fowler dose a great job but walking to my stand that day and seeing him I just could not pass up the opportunity. It was like killing my 1st bird all over again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back