Caribou Gear Tarp

15 Minute Season

The tape is MSHA tape (used to be a miner), and it is for luck (and taping the barrel). Pack is a CBMR Behemoth, a budget version of the MR NICE 6500.

Oak,

I was using a Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy. I feel it really falls into the 'bivy shelter' category, it has lots of room for a bivy and breaths great due to the eVent. The hood design allows for opening the door some during storms without letting water or snow in, a big plus if you have to hole up in it during a storm the way I did on archery opener.

P1010579.JPG

For sleeping bags, I was using a Mountain Hardware Phantom 15. My dream bag for that application is a Valandre Mirage. My hunting partner just got one and used it on the same hunt and said it rated the hype we've heard about it.

Also can't say enough about my sleeping pad, the Thermarest Neoair. Super light, comfy, and small, and warm enough.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to start a new thread in the gear section for you, so that I don't muck up this thread any more.

Carl--yea, thanks for the info---

Oak--good idea on a new thread........I'll be checkin it out also, as I'm gear snob also and always looking to improve if possible----chris

Great buck Carl and some amazing country. You didn't luck into that guy. Nice effort.

Great looking buck, I am still waiting to get a decent anything on the first day of a hunt. Maybe this week it will happen!

Nice buck Carl! You would love Dall hunting with all your knowledge of gear and the pure grit it takes to hunt that kind of country. Well done

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back