12v battery for charging devices while camping

338 win mag

Thinking of rigging up a deep cycle marine battery to charge our phones and other devices, as well as running a couple lights in our wall tent this fall. Guessing I just need the battery and maybe a power inverter? You guys tried anything similar?

I’ve got a 400w inverter with Gator Clips. Works good. A couple years ago I purchased a jump pack for my vehicle, it has USB ports built in as well as the 12v “cigarette lighter” plug in. It’s a handy device. I haven’t pushed either to their limitations though so I don’t know how many re-charges of devices it’ll handle. The battery and inverter sounds to be the better option for a light.

I’ve got a 400w inverter with Gator Clips. Works good. A couple years ago I purchased a jump pack for my vehicle, it has USB ports built in as well as the 12v “cigarette lighter” plug in. It’s a handy device. I haven’t pushed either to their limitations though so I don’t know how many re-charges of devices it’ll handle. The battery and inverter sounds to be the better option for a light.
I'm thinking a good deep cycle battery would last a week with limited use

I’m going to do this my self I have a solar panel I bought to leave on it thru out the day to keep the battery charged

If all your are doing is a phone, I have been using one of the cheap little solar power packs and it charges enough on a mostly sunny day to top up my phone nightly. LED lights shouldn't draw much either. Finding a charge/battery solution should be pretty easy if those are your only draws.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back