12 years of waiting.......

IDduckhntr

has finally come to an end! Been waiting for this day since she was born!! No horns, but a BIG doe-one shot, went straight down, picked its head up a little and it was all over but the work (for Dad-3 miles in.......:BLEEP: but more than worth it). For all of you that have been there, you know how I feel right now! For those of you still waiting -it is worth every minute spent watching a calender!

Attachments

• Aleaha Deer 1.JPG
    Aleaha Deer 1.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 387
Congrats, been there, know the feeling.

My first born's birth date is late October, so we actually had to stop at the store and wait until they opened for her to do her first hunt when she turned 12.

And congrats on getting her one back away from the road. 3 miles is nothing when you are carrying your kid's deer.

congrats to your daughter. nothing like that first deer. and congrats to you also for getting her involved in a great sport.

MY FIRST DEER!! from the huntress who shot the thing!

this is aleaha. the one in the picture. thank you all sooooo much for replying:D. that was very exciting. it started at 5:30 in the flippin morning|oo!! omg! and then i put on 500 layers of camo. when we finally got to our hunting spot, i was groggy with sleep, and extremely tired-starbucks didnt help-. we were walking around and saw 2 deer.great! i thought. get to go home and get some sleep! of course they wouldnt sit still so they dissappeared. woo hoo. we walked about a mile until we got to a hill. we decided to go into the field on the other side of the hill. we sat for about 30 seconds and saw 4 deer. i was soo happy. i had to adjust my gun, and when i did, dad said "Shoot!!" so i shot. and for about 10 seconds dad stared at me. dad stated jumping up and down with joy. im still in shock!!! wow. that deer was VERY HEAVY!!!!!!! we couldnt drag it with 2 of us. gosh. we ended up hiding the deer and going to get the deer cart. all i heard every 5 minutes was "im soo proud of you! you will nver know how proud i am!" my replys were "thanks" or "andyou dont know how hungry i am." we got bak and here i am now. thanks for reading!!
ttfn!
aleaha

Congrats on the deer. Sure will be some good meat for the freezer.

BTW how did the deer cart work out?

congratulations to Aleaha, I remember when my older children's first animals fell, it's a moment of great excitement, more for me than them, I think. ID, thanks for getting your daughter involved in the outdoors, it's the only hope we've got for them.

this is proof the best posts and pictures do not have to have a big set of bone on the head. Great job!

Congratulations to you and your dad.

Your story made me realize how I treated my sons and daughters differently when they started hunting. I worried more about the daughters keeping warm and comfortable than getting a deer, than the boys.

Big Time Congrats!
hope to post a similar story real soon myself.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dtownsend
Back