1 Down, 1 to Go!

Duck-Slayer

Well dad shot his buck on Nov. 1st, opening day. I tried too get close enough with the bow, but he got up and went out onto the flat where there was no cover, tried too close the distance "128" yards but got busted by a doe, so I gave Dad the go ahead too shoot, its a great buck, but not quite what I want,
Matt

100_1949.jpg

100_1942.jpg

Sweet rifle kill and would have been an even sweeter bow kill. Congrats to you dad! Good luck on the rest of your hunt.

That's a pretty nice buck. Does the point your Dad is holding in the second picture come off the main beam (normal G4), or does it come off the G2?

Looks like a Typical Owyhee buck. One of the Backs is Weeker then the other by quiet a bit. We saw a lot like that. Congrats on the hunt. thats a great deer. Good luck on finding the MAC DADDY !!! With time, you'll find him Fo SHO !

That's a pretty nice buck. Does the point your Dad is holding in the second picture come off the main beam (normal G4), or does it come off the G2?

he's a main frame 3x4 w/ eyeguards, he is missing his G4/main beam on the right side, the point came up for the G3 and than forgot too grow the main beam out for a G4, the G1/G2 are about the same on both sides, he has two cheaters off the G1, and the G1 point is broke off, so it looks like his back on the Right side is weak, it is not, its better the the left those that one cheater just makes it look like his backs with the broke off tip of the G1, plus he had another broke off cheater right behind where the G1 broke, if that makes any sense, if he would have had the two points not broke off I probably would have shot him with the rifle.....
Matt

Cool looking buck, congrats to your dad. That last angle really shows how unique he is. Good luck finding yourself one.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back