Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

09 WY Mulie

krshunter

Story to come once we unpack and have a few to relax. Great buck next to last day. He missed one another 15"-20" bigger than this one twice earlier in the day. He's happy though and should be. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 519
Here's what we know. Just shy of 31" spread. While they don't all show up in the pictures there are 8 points on its right side and 9 on the left. Has 2" eye guards on each side and one of them flat like a blade. Several of the points up top are bladed and there is some palmation. A lot of character. I'll put some other pictures in the post later.

great looking buck, is that the same unit where you shot your double cheater buck? And if it is then its by far the best buck I've seen come from that area this year!

Congrats!

Wyo,

No it's over here in the Snowy's. Haven't hunted 102 for two or three seasons now. Probably be a while before I get another tag too. Seems like G&F is hell bent on running deer right out of there. What do you think?

What kind of bipod do you use? For the installation, do you have to mill the stock at all or is it a direct bolt-on? Does it (bipod) get in the way when trying to use a sling? Or can you even use a sling with that bipod?

No it's over here in the Snowy's. Haven't hunted 102 for two or three seasons now. Probably be a while before I get another tag too. Seems like G&F is hell bent on running deer right out of there. What do you think?

I just spent 2 1/2 days out there in 102 and I don't have much good to say about it.

Snowies eh? See any big moose? I have a lot of moose points to burn in a year and have been thinking about that area.

Wyo,

I have seen a ton of moose over here the last 2 years of hunting. We hunted one day with a G&F biologist that said they have counted at least one breeding pair for every drainage in the area. Saw a couple of bulls this year that I think would book and many others that I wouldn't pass up if I had the tag. Always willing to help if you head this way.

Last edited:
Great buck, congrats, he's got a little bit of everything.

What kind of bipod do you use? For the installation, do you have to mill the stock at all or is it a direct bolt-on? Does it (bipod) get in the way when trying to use a sling? Or can you even use a sling with that bipod?

It's a Harris Ultralight Bipod. This particular one is the 9"-13" model. The attach directly to your sling swivel and there are two spots to attach your sling to the bipod. I love using them. Spend the little extra and get the swiveling model for uneven ground.

Great buck. Seeing what came out of WY this year, I think I need to burn my deer points in WY next year.

Congrats on a real keeper.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTOG
Back