Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

08 Kansas Archery Deer

upper deck

Here is the Whitetail I shot in Kansas on Nov 15th after two years of hunting and perfecting this spot it finally all came together. The piece of property I hunt is an overgrown hay meadow full of cedar and hedge trees so not many options for stand locations. I finally perfected the stand for a north with on Fri Nov. 14th and Sat morning I killed this deer at 25 yards. After I shot him he made it about 10 yards and I never saw him go down, that tells you how thick this property is.

Attachments

• Kansas 08 whitetail 01.jpg
    Kansas 08 whitetail 01.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Kansas 08 whitetail 02.jpg
    Kansas 08 whitetail 02.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 172
Awesome buck man, congrats. Going to enter him in the book?

Thanks, It has been a ton of fun hunting these Kansas deer. Moving here going on 3 years ago gave me a great opportunity. Here are a couple trail cam pics I've gotten over the last two years. As you can see there is no shortage of big deer and it just comes down to being in the right area at the right time. The last pic was taken where I shot my deer the day before.

Attachments

• 07 monster.jpg
    07 monster.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 08 pic.jpg
    08 pic.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Morning after Pic.jpg
    Morning after Pic.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 150
upper deck is a great friend and hunting partner. He puts in a lot of time figuring out these whitetails and it has paid off! If I remember correctly, that deer scored over 150 gross and there are bigger ones there.

I will post picture of his ND bow antelope from two years ago. This goat was 15 an 1/4 inches.

Attachments

• 2007 Ryan Bow 2.jpg
    2007 Ryan Bow 2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 146
That antelope came from the hours spent scouting from Buschy. In fact here is a pic to that goat during Aug from Greg through the spotting scope. Nothing better that good friends in hunting camp.

Attachments

• Ant 3.JPG
    Ant 3.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 145
Here are a few from the last couple years. The antelope was decoyed in Montana and the Muley was from Alberta spot and stalk.

Attachments

• Alberta Muley.jpg
    Alberta Muley.jpg
    384.9 KB · Views: 120
  • Montana Antelope.jpg
    Montana Antelope.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 114
Just wondering how many bows you own?Congratulations on some fine trophies.

Here is a woodland caribou that I shot in Newfoundland. Shot him on the forth day of the hunt at 55 yards. It was my first caribouu hunt, lots of fun.

Attachments

• caribou.jpg
    caribou.jpg
    358.6 KB · Views: 81
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NTSS
Back