Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by VAspeedgoat View Post
    I may be mistaken but much of that is hard sided camping only due to the bears. Not sure if all if it is.
    I’m not talking about in a camp ground. Just finding a spot on the side of a FS road out in the forest.
    “To me, if you don’t eat it, then it’s not a point of pride”. -Matt Rinella

I am in the Park before the sun comes up and leave around 10. Usually don't come back until mid-afternoon. A family (if I have one) might complain, but GuNR says nothing. I chuckle when leaving the Park via West Yellowstone and observing the mob coming in. Doesn't look like fun to me.

There should be directions; and penalties for not driving around a "cow" on the road. hahah

I plan to be back down there later this month. Crowds are less frequent this time of year.

Last edited by mtmiller; 12-06-2018 at 08:26 AM. Reason: pic

Blog Entries

If you wanna' really have fun, drive right THROUGH the bufflers - the looks of terror and disdain are priceless.

In all seriousness - YNP is a great place - those of us who have seen it about a hundred time are just a little jaded and tend to forget how lucky we are to live next door to it.
    Livestock producers excluded.....

I live in Jackson. It's insanely busy here in the height of tourist season and even more insanely expensive.
    If you're going to visit both parks starting here is a good plan since GTNP is 12mi up the road. If you're just going to Yellowstone I would stay in Cody.
    "Any fool can create a program that is so demanding that it would virtually kill the toughest Marine or hardiest of elite athletes, but not any fool can create a tough program that produces progress without unnecessary pain.” ~ Dr. Mel C. Siff

Mtmiller. Great picture. I envy you. My wife didn’t like Beartooth Pass. No guide rails haha. As if they’d help.

Quote Originally Posted by onpoint View Post
    If you wanna' really have fun, drive right THROUGH the bufflers - the looks of terror and disdain are priceless.
    Complete disdain when I pass a couple minivans to drive through a handful of bulls. I have the same for those folks.....break even.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12