Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Randy...step on it.

Folks in Wyoming have to be a little careful doing this. Reference the four part series of articles (two already out and two to go) in the Cody Enterprise about a fellow doing something of this nature.

ClearCreek

Looks like the third part of that series came out yesterday. And most of this story is taking place on private property which wouldn't apply to what's going down in this thread but it seems Wyoming has some clarifying to do.

As we gain experience and success it becomes more rewarding to share with others so they can enjoy the same. Way to go Buzz and crew

That case from the Cody Enterprise has absolutely nothing to do with friends hunting together. It's a convoluted case of a third party land manager being paid by the land owner to show hunters whom paid the owner directly where to hunt and if the law of guiding hunting on private without an outfitters license extends to non family members. In any rate money was exchanged.

Being a new resident of the west specifically NM I know how hard it can be to get a tag. If any of my friends or relatives draw a tag and I am at all able to make it I will definitely be hunting with them. If you could only hunt your own tags you may very well go years without hunting.

The tag limits who can kill that animal not who can go on the hunt. A lot of hunts are a team effort both before and after the kill. It is a great experience to share with friends and family.

Try to make some friends and maybe you will get to go hunting with them too!

Again with the I'm the pot stirring bad guy here......How about people(not Randy)not starting a thread that basically 100% implied that someone else found the elk and led you to them. I get you and your crew don't like being questioned and I seriously have no problem with people helping each other find critters to shoot. Next time I post I'll make sure not to try to seem innocent as that is not what I was trying to do. I point blank wanted to know if someone guided you to where they were and I was indeed correct, thank you for the honest reply.

Your a clown.. where i grew up, you would get punched in the mouth for being a douche. — Sweet bull Fresh Tracks Crew!

Settling in for the duration.

Marcus Hocket 2018 WY Elk-3.jpg

To pass the time, Matthew snapped this "before" picture with the 125x Nikon super zoom from 285 yards.

38322.jpg

Time for reflection.
Marcus Hocket 2018 WY Elk-13.jpg

Time for excitement.
Marcus Hocket 2018 WY Elk-46.jpg

Time for work.
Marcus Hocket 2018 WY Elk-56.jpg

Time for headlamps.
Marcus Hocket 2018 WY Elk-64.jpg

All photo credits to Marcus Hockett.

I can't believe you got buzz in a grip and grin sportin sitka wear! Well done fellas! A bull to be proud of without concern for the haters!
We all should enjoy the times we are in, cause hunting isn't going to get better with 10 billion people OTP

Buzz certainly is a class act with a ton of knowledge. I had the privilege to meet and talk with him this year while mule deer hunting and it was a pleasure. I can only imagine the Newbergs felt the same way. What an awesome bull and great experience for all involved, you should all be proud!

What a tremendous bull! Congratulation to Matthew.

That is pretty interesting terrain for elk - they are some adaptable creatures.

Looking forward to watching the video - especially the part where Randy is anxious and Matthew is patient :) For the record, I'm a lot more like Randy.

Looks like good times were had by all! Congrats on a great bull! Thanks for sharing it with us, and if I might say I love the " time for headlamps " photo. Great bull Matthew, awesome story Randy and sweet photos Marcus!
Share a camp with Buzz?....check:)

Does Matthew have a large enough space to show the moose and elk? My living room is large and they would dwarf it.

Congrats to the hunter. Congrats to the friends for simply being friends. It is a good thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back