Randy...step on it.

zero? Friends
Nope. But I have max points for elk, but to be my friend you'd also have to have max, as well as a squadron of recreational vehicles, horses, and maybe aircraft. And beer, those all go well together. Buzz would be welcome. Matthew's bull would do, beautiful elk and cool location.

Nope. But I have max points for elk, but to be my friend you'd also have to have max, as well as a squadron of recreational vehicles, horses, and maybe aircraft. And beer, those all go well together. Buzz would be welcome. Matthew's bull would do, beautiful elk and cool location.

Not a problem. I like Buzz just fine.

I also have a bunch of points for every species known to man through multiple states.... I have a truck(recreational vehicle), a dog (its like a horse) and a drone (aircraft) that I don't know how to fly... I also have access to some of the best property in America, you'll just have to pay the fee's for both of us to access. The beer thing is gonna have to be a BYOB thing so people don't misconstrue it as compensation... Buzz can come as long as he uses his own gas and doesn't borrow any of my clothes... :D

Its a shame that the hunting community has turned into guilty until proven innocent. I posted earlier this year about me, my son and his grandfathers MT antelope hunt. There were congrats and then there were accusations that we were rifle hunting out of season, with out any specifics of our hunt. I even received a call from the MT fish and Game department wanting to know where we shot our antelope because they had a call that we were hunting out of season. Not saying someone from this site was the one who called, but this is the only page that had those kind of accusations.

You see it all the time when someone shoots an above average animal. People accuse of being fenced hunt, poached, illegally taken, paid a high dollar amount for the hunt/tag. I feel a lot of this is stemmed from jealousy.

As for the gear that Buzz was wearing, that is the norm in the outdoor industry. You have to meet certain sponsors contract agreements. Back when I was in some shows and filming for others. If you had sponsor X (depending on the contract) you couldn't have anyone on your show using brand Y gear. At one point I was hunting for one show and filming for two others. I had three different camo brands I had to use. You let people you wanted to be on camera with borrow cloths, or they would go and buy their own gear.

My dad always said there's nothing like a trophy animal to bring out the jealousy in another hunter. He faced the same thing back in his hunting heyday when he was killing huge whitetail with a bow before Ohio was really known as a big deer state. He's killed 3 over 180, his biggest was 198, and several more over 160. This was in the 80s and early 90s. He didn't do it for fame or attention. Not one is actually recorded in the record books or magazines. He did it because he liked hunting big deer and he put in a heck of a lot of time to do so. We heard everything from he was poaching them to he was buying them off people. It sucks to be in high school and hear kids who didn't know your dad (my hunting hero) calling him all kinds of stuff because they couldn't kill a deer in a fish barrel and he made it look routine. He knows more about whitetail hunting than most people will learn in a lifetime. Congrats to Matthew on an elk the size of which many won't ever lay eyes on let alone kill. Congrats to you Randy on raising a fine young man, and to Buzz for being a good friend.

Congrats to Matthew on a whopper bull.

Futhermore, Buzz paid for all of his own gas, brought his own food, and incurred plenty of his own expense to help a friend he has known for over a decade. He did eat a few of our Hostess Donettes, so if you want to call WY G&F or the outfitter board in WY over a few doughnuts, knock yourself out.

Donettes are okay. Full size, however, might cause an issue ;)

Thanks for posting this. Nothing like sharing camp with family and friends and the memories that are made. Top notch all the way around Randy!

If I spent my time responding to every negative thing that was said about me I'd never get anything positive accomplished. I've come to learn this - time has a way of sorting everything out.
Do right and move on...

--Mitch

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back