Quivalizer...dumb gadget or functional tool?

I couldn't see using it in a tree stand. I could see it being ok for spot in stalk.

I would hate to try to shoot the dam thing in the wind. I could never see myself using one.

My archery shop gusy use it, I don't want the added hassle of having to remember to put it down to use it. That's part of the reason I went to a a 5 pin (slider, admittedly) from a 1 pin. I've also never had my stablizer, a Bstinger 10" be an issue in the field. Aint broke...

I use one on my compound to cut weight, and the whole package weighs 6 pounds. If you want to go lightweight, it's hard to beat.

The biggest flaw I see is that the weight decreases as arrows are pulled from the quiver.

I haven't tried one, so this might be moot.

I love mine! You can run it in both positions. And they can be quickly switched between. Often times, I'll have it like a stabilizer while I'm hiking cuz I can just hang it or my shoulder easily. Then If I'm in close quarters, I can switch it to run like a normal quiver mounted on the side.

I like mine. I bought it to save money compared to a tight spot and a bee stringer. If the wind is blowing that hard to worry about the quiver being a problem it’s probably to windy to know where the arrow is going to go anyway. I have found it to dampen the bow really well.

I think that's kind of a neat idea. I'm a little doubtful how well it functions as a stabalizer, but a lot of compound bows are very short and the quiver needs to be removed if you're squatted in some brush trying to call in a bull. Never heard of this item before. Probably wouldn't work that great with my setup, but I could see it being useful.

I think the whole concept of a stabilizer is ridiculous for use beyond the field of competitive target archery.

My apologies in advance to all you emotionally sensitive archers sporting stabilizers who will be offended by this comment.

Doesn't seem like it would be very practical for actual hunting in any kind of cover. There's a reason most hunting stabilizers are pretty short. Looks like it would catch on almost everything.03-Jake-Kaminski-Photo-Credit-World-Archery.jpg

Last edited:
When I have an arrow knocked during a final approach in thick cover or setup in an ambush, it is basically the same thing in terms of having to account for ~24 inches of arrow (in this case it would be arrow plus quivalizer) protruding in front of the bow. I don't have one yet but plan on buying one next year. I haven't heard of anyone getting rid of one yet because it was too cumbersome in the woods. I've read of few guys trying them and moving on just because they didn't get the performance gains they expected. Again, I don't have personal experience but I'm excited to add one next year based on all the positive reviews and that it "makes sense" in my own head at least.

The biggest flaw I see is that the weight decreases as arrows are pulled from the quiver.

I haven't tried one, so this might be moot.

Same could be said for every quiver.

I wouldn't mind trying one especially for open country hunting. I do think it could be a bit cumbersome in the north idaho brush I hunt the most

I think I am going to likely try one next year. My quiver sucks and I feel a longer stabilizer would help my pin wondering.
I guess I don't see why people think it would be so cumbersome, I envision it boing mounted like a quiver until I am ready to knock an arrow. At which point it wouldn't stick out much further than the arrow... But I am yet to try it.

There's a reason every target archer has a long bar, to assume the benefit only works for targets is just idiotic.

They're not cumbersome at all actually, but I've used a long bar on a bow for about 45 years now. There is a bar that extends, I believe Corey Jacobson is using it.

This one was 24".

1.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back