Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far?

After 2 months of shooting and a few new parts I’m feeling pretty confident out to 50. I’m shooting 60 quite regular and that’s I think is going to just be for fun. Shot this group tonight at 42. Now that my broadheads are tuned I am getting almost the same POI of field points. The lighted knock is a Slick Trick 100g the rest are field tips. Thanks to everyone who helped along the way. Name:  C43F5566-7DAB-4F6C-A771-701E6712F640.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  56.7 KB

How far is too far...depends on a lot things. But I know it when I see it.

Comfortable to 50.

Just to follow up on my reply to this from 8/11/2018.
    I installed my Black Gold (3) pin Ascent Verdict (moveable sight) and have been shooting much more often.
    Previous to this year I only had 20 and 30 yard pins.
    Now I am set for 20/30/40 yards am grouping within 2" and tomorrow I will apply the appropriate yardage tape to the gang adjustment slide.
    This tape is calibrated to 100 yards (although I want to just get to maybe 60 yards).
    My plan is to shoot distances that allow me to be confident to 40-45 yards delivering my Muzzy Trocar to the animal.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone seen or used a lens on their site to magnify the target??
    I have seen them in various powers but they are not cheap and I am not sure if all western states will allow??
    The 10 ring is getting hard to see at 40 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Trial153 View Post
    How far is too far...depends on a lot things. But I know it when I see it.
    Truth. In great conditions with time, my distance is much greater than with a couple seconds to make a decision and shot. In rushed conditions, I'd prefer to be within 40. In ideal conditions, I would shoot to 60 and slightly beyond. Practice has a lot to do with it and I also think equipment does as well. I think adjustable sights are a huge factor in being comfortable at longer distances.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Dogs View Post
    Just to follow up on my reply to this from 8/11/2018.
    I installed my Black Gold (3) pin Ascent Verdict (moveable sight) and have been shooting much more often.
    Previous to this year I only had 20 and 30 yard pins.
    Now I am set for 20/30/40 yards am grouping within 2" and tomorrow I will apply the appropriate yardage tape to the gang adjustment slide.
    This tape is calibrated to 100 yards (although I want to just get to maybe 60 yards).
    My plan is to shoot distances that allow me to be confident to 40-45 yards delivering my Muzzy Trocar to the animal.

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone seen or used a lens on their site to magnify the target??
    I have seen them in various powers but they are not cheap and I am not sure if all western states will allow??
    The 10 ring is getting hard to see at 40 yards
    I’ve wondered the same thing on the lenses. I’m not sure how folks say thier shooting anything past 40 without some type of magnifying lense. I have 20-15 vision and have a hard time with .19 pins over the bullseye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12