CO 1st Season Rifle Unit 28

AdirondackHunter18

Hey folks- greetings from the Adirondacks!
Drew a 1st rifle season either sex tag for Colorado’s Unit 28 and was hoping to get some insight on the unit. Obviously not looking for anybody’s honey hole here but some general guidance would be greatly appreciated; I’m looking at the Vasquez drainage in particular, as well as the Fraser Experiemental Forest. Anybody spent any time in there?

I've only hunted that area once before so I'm far from an expert but this area is really close to I-70 and the Front Range which makes it a very popular area to hunt. Be mentally and physically prepared to see a lot of people and hike a long ways to get away from them. 1st season won't be as bad as the 2nd and 3rd (which are open to OTC and deer). Good luck with your hunt!

Thanks for the note; it does seem like it must get a lot of pressure, both from hunters and other folks. Sure won’t be like home, where I saw a grand total of three people last season, but I know that’s not too realistic anywhere that people actually live!
I hear great things about the Williams Fork area but it seems likely to be hammered by other hunters; my thought currently is to scout out the Vasquez Drainage. Ever seen any of that country?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back