Private beef out of our public land.

I’ll cut up, pack and ship at my expense half each of the next wolf I kill to Tony and JLS or anybody else that wants some. I would sure prefer not leaving their meat, but sure can’t bring myself to eat one of the putrid things either.
I’m not much of a beef guy myself, but c’mon.... debatable? Maybe I just don’t know what I’m missing.

I’ll cut up, pack and ship at my expense half each of the next wolf I kill to Tony and JLS or anybody else that wants some. I would sure prefer not leaving their meat, but sure can’t bring myself to eat one of the putrid things either.
I’m not much of a beef guy myself, but c’mon.... debatable? Maybe I just don’t know what I’m missing.

If we get rid of all the elk there will be more room/feed for more cows.
I mean if they taste better, then why not?

It's a win win.

If we get rid of all the elk there will be more room/feed for more cows.
I mean if they taste better, then why not?

It's a win win.

I don’t follow.

Cows taste better than wolves, so we should kill the elk.
What?

This is going to require further explanation on your part. I’m not making the connection.

My bad, I thought BHRs reference was comparing cows to bison.

My bad, I thought BHRs reference was comparing cows to bison.

Understandable. We've covered lots of ground on this thread, from crowded elkholes, poop and pee, Bison, to woofs. All on a thread started out about removing all cattle from all public lands. Any comment on that topic?

One thing I've noticed, where there is no cattle grazing, the grass is tall and lush and it is generally FULL of elk.

I think we should work on getting rid of domestic sheep grazing on public lands first though.

Both statements are very true.

Nothing will screw up a great high country elk meadow quicker than a couple thousand sheep, 6 gnarly guard dogs and a stinky Hispanic fellow on a horse.
End the B.S sheep meat and wool subsidies, the rest will eventually take care of itself.

Too funny! After making the latest post, I noticed an add at the top of screen of this site saying "Beef, it's what's for dinner"! Dang Google bots trying to get me to buy stuff I don't really need.:W:

Both statements are very true.

Nothing will screw up a great high country elk meadow quicker than a couple thousand sheep, 6 gnarly guard dogs and a stinky Hispanic fellow on a horse.
End the B.S sheep meat and wool subsidies, the rest will eventually take care of itself.

A year after this documentary was made we were able to successfully buyout and retire this guys grazing allotment in the Beartooth Absaroka wilderness.
https://youtu.be/YCbV58dzmBc

I read as cow vs woofer taste. The Dynamics of internet discussions.

With the thread's OP, cows are here. US export and domestic price supports the larger interest over tall grass and mucho elk habitat. Elk adapt as is evident.

Cow patty infused trout for dinner? :D

I do not mind though I'm sure some areas it's abused... As with most aspects, you don't chop the tree down over a few bad apples.

Gotta love internet forum discussions.

A year after this documentary was made we were able to successfully buyout and retire this guys grazing allotment in the Beartooth Absaroka wilderness.
https://youtu.be/YCbV58dzmBc

A colorful video to say the least.
Out of curiosity, How much coin does it take to "buy out" a grazing allotment? I assume it would depend on the size and how badly the current owner wants out?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back