Yeti GOBOX Collection

Interior Proposes Expanded Hunting Fishing Opportunities On National Wildlife Refuges

bigsky2

What is everyone's opinion on this? I'm definitely not thrilled about their proposal for the mule deer hunting on the CMR. The last thing the mule deer need is to be hunted for another two weeks. Maybe some of you that are familiar with these other refuges can chime in on how it will affect them.

http://mtpr.org/post/interior-propo...shing-opportunities-national-wildlife-refuges

Link showing which refuges are impacted:

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/s...hunting-and-fishing-opportunities-30-americas

I will be interested to read a few HT member posts on this. So long as it is based on *quality management of big game (muleys in this situation) I'm all for it. If it does more harm than good then , well.. that is crap.

There is so much bs simply due to the current administration... That real content is hard to decipher from the partisan crap.

I will be interested to read a few HT member posts on this. So long as it is based on *quality management of big game (muleys in this situation) I'm all for it. If it does more harm than good then , well.. that is crap.

There is so much bs simply due to the current administration... That real content is hard to decipher from the partisan crap.

This is an extension of a program that started under Bush II. Obama used it extensively and Trump continues this tradition. By and large, it's not a bad thing, but everything needs to be vetted to ensure that it's in the best interest of the wildlife, rather than our short term gratification of killing something this season.

I'm not pleased with the CMR addition. Given the pressure around there, having that refuge be an actual refuge during the height of the rut was one of the better decisions made in the last few years. Not sure we should be thinking about more moose hunting opportunity either with populations where they are now.

I wonder if Zinke actually talked to game agencies or just relied on the political voices he seemingly surrounds himself with.

Doesn't this basically give the state game agencies full management authority? Granted I'm no expert in this arena, but I thought the role of wildlife management, even on federal lands, was typically left to the state.

I see that BHA is supporting this. Seems like an overall win, possibly with some tweaks that could be made by the states.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back