GF's First Shotgun

Semi auto for under $300 is gonna be tough. Sporting clays with a pump is less than ideal for sure.

I bought my 20ga 870 compact synthetic from Whittaker's for $279.99 + a $20 ffl fee. I thought it was a great deal.

The Weatherby SA-08 is a pretty nice youth Auto but I think it is going to be closer to 500.

A Buddy of mine bought a SA-80 for his wife, she's small, and shoots it very well and likes it. He got it in 20 and she will not shoot a 12 due to recoil.

I will agree that youth model might be too small. My husband bought me a Beretta youth model in 20 ga. I struggled to shoot that thing well for years. Finally went to every store and tried every shotgun I could get my hands on. Bought a Beretta A400 Xtreme in 12 ga with the 26 inch barrel, and it was like night and day. My shooting immediately improved. The barrel length and balance point tend to be the biggest factors in finding a shotgun that handles well for a woman IMO.

The other shotgun I’ve always shot extremely well is my hubby’s now retired 11-87 Light Contour. Nothing special about it, but it handles really well for me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back