Hi from Central Oklahoma

devincox

I broke my neck/back about 7 years ago. Up to that point, I did anything outdoors and just loved being outside. After my accident there was a long span of time where I was completely sedentary. I have since healed up and trying to make up for lost time. I'm in the woods every chance I get, Dove,quail,pheasant, water fowl, turkey, whitetail,rabbit, squirrel. I have never been hunting out of the state of Oklahoma but I am very interested in western hunting. Im planning a backcountry hunt for my first backcountry backpack hunt but can't make up my mind between black bear or elk.

Glad to find a forum of like-minded folks.

Glad you're back out enjoying the outdoors. Life throws us plenty of curve balls, I'm guessing the outdoor experience you have now are something you don't take for granted. Welcome to the forum and let us know when & where that first backcountry hunt takes place.

Welcome from another Okie, where are you planning to go and what are you wanting to hunt with? My dad and I live in the McAlester area and we're making a trip this fall chasing elk

Welcome from another Okie, where are you planning to go and what are you wanting to hunt with? My dad and I live in the McAlester area and we're making a trip this fall chasing elk

I would like to hunt somewhere in Colorado, since it would require the least amount of travel. I will hunt with rifle or bow it doesn't really matter too much to me. If it tastes good, I will hunt it. Elk and Black Bear are on the top of my list right now. The country is so pretty in Colorado, I don't really care what I'm hunting as long as its something I will eat.

Back