Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by el unit View Post
    ...ARB airlocker is nice too, but kinda pricey.
    Had them on my bronco front and back. Incredible mod! As for the winch, amazing tool. Aside from the air lockers, best tool on my bronco was the winch. The guy who owned it before me was an electrician and four wheel fanatic, he had the winch on a frame that slid into your tow hitch and had a hitch frame front and back. Had the winch tied into a plug in system and had cables ran to both hitch connections. Being able to use the winch from both ends was great.
    "It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take a chance?" -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Phaseolus View Post
    A high lift jack is useless on a stock 4Runner. (Iím on my third) You will fold up the stock bumpers with it rather than jack it up. If you have an aftermarket bumper you may be able to use it as a jacking point, or you can jack with the receiver hitch if you are brave ennough.
    There is a hook/strap you can get that allows you to anchor on the wheels to use a hi-lift jack. I've also used receiver hitches and brush guards as lift points.
    Fear the beard....

On the shores of the Graveyard of the Atlantic

Name:  2DAC0649-500C-41E6-86A1-82F877D5EB38.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  230.7 KB
    I picked up this gen 3 earlier this summer... less than 180,000on it, straight drive. Iím probably going to give my 2003 Tacoma the season off And drive this one. Pretty exited about it... looking into a winch front bumper and a rack system for the roof.

4. Default

I have a 2nd Gen Xterra, and added a small Yakima RocketBox on the factory roof rack. Really like it for keeping my car camping stuff (sleeping bags, tent, camp chairs, camp table, camp stove) up there. That keeps the cargo area free for coolers/packs/gun or bow cases/bulky stuff. The Xterra isn't a daily driver, so the rocket box is the permanent storage area for the tent/chairs/table. I also removed the back seats which freed up a ton of room. Not sure if that is an option for how you will use the 4Runner in terms of hauling 3+ people, but removing the seats was a nice "subtraction addition" as well to make an SUV more hunt capable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12